Coolant leak - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-05-19, 09:32 PM   #1

Default Coolant leak

Hello All,

My 308 (2010, 1.6hdi, Auto), that I acquired last September, has a slight coolant loss of about 200ml per month. I can see some red liquid loss from the area shown in the attached photos. One is a closer view while the other is a distant view to show where the leakage area is. I will appreciate if someone could please help me with the following:

Identify the part from where the coolant is leaking (in terms of part name/ part number) and what is needed to repair that?

Am I expected to change the whole unit or just some seal etc.? Does the process require draining of coolant?

Also the AC is not cooling well. Freon level is correct and the compressor is starting. When AC is turned on, the high pressure pipe becomes very hot while the low pressure remains slightly cold. One potential reason for non-working AC is that the radiator fan doesn't kick-in when I start the AC, even when the engine is hot. There has been no overheating so far, primarily due to cold weather, but expect so in the coming summer. How can I check if the fan is OK? and what is the location of relay/ resistance that I should change to sort this problem? What are the related part numbers?

Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
leak2.jpg   leak1.jpg  

Last edited by Researcher; 16-05-19 at 10:27 PM.
Researcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-19, 03:54 PM   #2

Hello,

I am now sure that the leak is from the thermostat housing. Now the question is whether it is possible to just replace one of more seals (how many are there?) or I will have to replace the whole housing?

Also regarding radiator, if the relay/ resistor pack is gone, shall the fan not work at all or shall work only at certain speed? Is it possible to check if the fan is working on high relay setting? How to check if the relay in the fuse box that controls the fan is working fine?

Thanks
Old 20-05-19, 07:22 PM   #3

Thermostat housing is leaking

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THERMOSTA...0AAOSw7GRZFLJo

One of these will fix it, it's a common problem with the HDi engine, you will need to drain the coolant
Phil McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 20-05-19, 08:08 PM   #4

Thanks Phil.

Any suggestion about checking radiator fan issue?

Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in