Cold start issue any help? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-13, 11:50 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Cold start issue any help?

Hi firstly im new to this forum so hello all!
Right anyway the problem.
I own a Peugeot 308 vti 1.6 and have recently been experiencing problems when starting this car first thing in the morning.
What happens is on turning the key the engine will start but appear to misfire heavily then it will either stall or it will carry on misfiring for say around 10 seconds in which the revs then stabilize and the car will run perfectly!
I have no problems for the rest of the day even if the car is left for a couple of hours and the engine cools right down when I start it again no problems at all.
it only happens when the car is left for a longer period like overnight which is why I have this problem in the morning.
I am on the edge of taking this back to the dealer but I only got it back from them for other sensor problems prior to this.
If anyone has or had this problem any input would be much apprieciated!
Duffmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-13, 11:59 AM   #2

If its under warranty let them sort it. Its difficult to diagnose over the internet and we'd normally recommend a diagnostic.
Old 02-08-13, 12:05 PM   #3
Inactive User

would a problem like this come up on diagnostics then? nothing comes up on my centre console and also I cant really show them the problem as it only happens after the engine being off for a while.
thanks for your reply it is under warranty however getting annoyed with paying the diagnostic price of 100 pound lol.

Old 02-08-13, 12:41 PM   #4
Inactive User

Do you still have to pay full diagnostic fee even though the car is still under warranty?
transfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-13, 01:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffmaster View Post
would a problem like this come up on diagnostics then? nothing comes up on my centre console and also I cant really show them the problem as it only happens after the engine being off for a while.
thanks for your reply it is under warranty however getting annoyed with paying the diagnostic price of 100 pound lol.
Yep there are lots of faults that are logged which don't put on the engine light or warning.

If there's a fault and its under warranty then you shouldn't have to pay anything, unless your warranty says its only for parts and not labour.
Old 02-08-13, 02:20 PM   #6
Inactive User

I bought my car used and it came with a years platinum warranty and have to pay diagnostic fee yea. maybe different if I bought it new it would be a different story though?
thanks gibbo will have to take it in next week then see what happens hopefully it will be a short visit haha, will post a reply of the outcome!
Old 06-08-13, 06:33 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffmaster View Post
I bought my car used and it came with a years platinum warranty and have to pay diagnostic fee yea. maybe different if I bought it new it would be a different story though?
thanks gibbo will have to take it in next week then see what happens hopefully it will be a short visit haha, will post a reply of the outcome!
Hi mate

I have the same engine and similar issue to yours, have u sorted this out???
MarcinMJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-08-13, 01:49 PM   #8
Inactive User

Anyway took it into dealership and they said nothing was shown on diagnostics reporting any problem. They kept the car overnight so they could start it from cold the following morning. They said that the stalling or misfire didn't happen which I find hard to believe as it happens to me every morning. Ive been told that a replacement of spark plugs is the next thing in line to try and fix the problem that I have been having. the technician told me the spark plugs were 'dirty' so they have been changed. Will see what happens tomorrow morning on cold start and will let you guys know whether these spark plugs have fixed the problem. Feeling doubtful but hey im too damn negative!!!!

Last edited by Duffmaster; 14-08-13 at 01:51 PM.
Old 15-08-13, 10:42 AM   #9
Inactive User

Car stalled instantly on initial start up this morning and then fine on Second attempt. Is this normal behaviour for these cars or what? Back to dealer I guess
Old 15-08-13, 11:09 AM   #10
Inactive User

Have been browsing the forum here and it seems others with similar start up problems have had a software update carried out which has fixed it in their cases, worth mentioning this to my dealer? Could I request this through my warranty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in