Clutch slave cylinder labour - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-12, 08:51 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Clutch slave cylinder labour

Hi,
New here. Great info.
Would anyone have an idea or experience please of how much labour time is involved in replacing the clutch on a 308, slave cylinder minimum and possibly the rest? Thanks
peuger50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-02-12, 09:18 PM   #2
chopper1192

Depends on the version, but access isn't brilliant on any of them. Reckon on an hour +.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-02-12, 09:35 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the prompt reply. It's a 1.6Hdi. I was led to believe that the whole thing could cost me over 1k, euro that is! I presumed labour would be a
large part of that - the slave is inside rather than accessible outside?

Old 28-02-12, 09:39 PM   #4
chopper1192

It's atop the gearbox, but there's a battery and a fistful of electrics in the way. That said, 1000 (about 16 sterling these days) sounds like a pith take.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-02-12, 09:49 PM   #5
Inactive User

Nice one. I have 20 in my wallet, I'll offer him that! I only hope then that my problem is the hydraulics only . Presumably the big scary number is a worse case scenario if the plates etc have to be replaced also.
Thanks again.
Old 01-04-12, 06:34 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Chopper, big attitude, ease off

Chopper, you're response to my earlier post was ill informed and inaccurate. The hydraulics on th e308 hdi are actually inside the casing and the labour for clutch replacement is aprox 9/10hrs.. Cost to me 1200 euro. Thanks for the false hope and just perhaps you don't know everything. For one who professes to know alot perhaps a little humility now and then. It's obvious, you DON'T know as much as you profess. others beware of self opinionated posters!
Old 01-04-12, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peuger50 View Post
Chopper, you're response to my earlier post was ill informed and inaccurate. The hydraulics on th e308 hdi are actually inside the casing and the labour for clutch replacement is aprox 9/10hrs.. Cost to me 1200 euro. Thanks for the false hope and just perhaps you don't know everything. For one who professes to know alot perhaps a little humility now and then. It's obvious, you DON'T know as much as you profess. others beware of self opinionated posters!

OH THIS IS GONNA GET INTERESTING, I'M PULLING UP A CHAIR FOR THIS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-12, 09:50 AM   #8
Inactive User

Arrived on holiday in France 4 days ago in my 308SW 1600 HDi, next morning the clutch pedal stayed done after 200yds, could pull it back but clutch permanently engaged.
Found this site and thought 'slave cylinder'; big bill. Took it to a little man garage, after a couple of hours he phoned to say he`d had to order the part 'cylindre emetteur'. When part arrived he phoned to tell me, later he phoned to say car was ready; when I went to collect he showed me the failed part and a diagram of where it was in the system; bill follows.

Labour for changing cylinder and purging system, 2 hrs, 60
Part 48 Fluid 5 Total with tax= 130.

My experience with my local Peugeot main dealer in the UK has been that they are rip off con merchants, sorry to say. At first service they changed front pads and drums, over 400; when I queried the necessity and cost I was told the drums were worn down below limit; couldn`t show me the drums as they`d been thrown (within 2 hours).
My Frenchman laughed when I told him and added he`d have charged about 140 complete. Does anyone know an honest UK Peugeot garage ?
Rosherville is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-12, 10:49 PM   #9
Inactive User

If I can just add my comment: I'm not aware of any PSA vehicles that use concentric slave cylinders. (someone will no doubt put me right) So the abuse of Chopper is unwarranted. The slave cylinder on 1.6hdi versions are crammed in by the rad. Maybe Peuger50 has got a unique vehicle, or maybe the person he's speaking to doesn't know what he's talking about.
goa127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-12, 11:09 PM   #10
Inactive User

Before anybody corrects me, I have checked with the ecp website and it seems you can indeed get this vehicle fitted with a concentric cylinder. I've not personally seen one (and I do exclusively clutches-all makes) and they don't list one on the REPEXPERT website(site run by LUK as parts database). There you are, never too late to learn!
goa127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in