Changin Cabin and Engine airfilter - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-09-17, 08:08 PM   #1

Default Changin Cabin and Engine airfilter

Hi All,

My Peugeot dealer recommended me to change the fuel filter and engine air filter when the car have gone 50.000km, (currently the odometer is at about 49.000km).

Now.. i will let the dealer change the fuel filter as this seems more complicated.
But i will change the engine air filter myself as it seems fairly simple. the same with the cabin air filter.

I have found the following Youtube howto videos

Engine air filter

Cabin air filter

Is there anything i should be aware of when changing any of the filters on the car?
Mine is the 1.6 BlueHDI 120hk, does this make any difference or difficulties ?

Anything i should be aware of or careful about ?
johnnyatik likes this.
GBDK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-09-17, 07:41 PM   #2

Had my now 2 year old 15K miles 308SW Blue Diesel dealer serviced today and some of your post interests me.
Dealer did a Standard 32K miles or 24 month service. 182

He also wanted to do at extra cost some other things, I declined as I thought with this low milage were they really necessary.

You mention Fuel filter/air filter first well he mention that as he said 4 years or 32K miles he wasn't going to do that, so that was ok.

Now the Pollen filter he did want to do as he said 2 years or 32K miles at 48, I declined because mine is 15K miles. ( Looking at your video the cost he wanted looks very high.)

He wanted to change the brake fluid he said every 2 years and 72, I declined. You know I have never as far as I know had a car where the dealer wanted to change brake fluid. Did your dealer change it?

He also wanted to refill the adBlu tank at 43, again I declined as it had been refilled at about 11k miles and I have topped it up myself.
Old 19-09-17, 10:52 AM   #3

Hi,

I live in Denmark so it might be a bit different.. although the vehicle is the same.

Well my Peugeot Dealer recommended me to change the fuel filter and airfilter at 50.000km/26980miles
so i got the dealer to change the fuel filter as i have no clue to do that, but i will change the airfilter myself if there arent any traps or things that can go wrong if i do it .

I think they change the cabin filter at every service and i think it is standard here in DK. But i will have to check my spec/check list from the dealer so i can see exactly what they did.

About brake fuild.. i think that makes sense.. as that can go bad and the braking system is very important in the car.. but i believe it is fairly easy to change that yourself. but the dealer did it as a standard part of the last service i had. see the following video on how to change it.

Now Adblue is a completely ripoff i think.. the dealer wanted 600Dkr (71,16) to top it off.. not a full 17 liters.. but just to top it off.. it was a flatrate so if i was missing 17 liters of adblue they would top it off.. but i declined that as i could buy 10 liters of Adblue for 130Dkr (15,42) and fill it myself with no issues or loss of warranty. And that worked just great. i have done it twice now without issues. but you have to make sure it is the correct ISO numbers and so on.

Hope this helps.

Old 19-09-17, 07:37 PM   #4

So i found out that during my last service (the 40.000km/24854 service/ Big maintenance?). I had the Pollen filter changed as part of the service. I was charged 305dkr/36,43, but i guess the price would have been higher if it was just the pollen filter changed.

Also what brand of filters should i go after? Filtron, Bosch, Mann Filter or some other brand?
What are your experiences with any of the brands?
Old 20-09-17, 02:20 PM   #5

I don't think it will make big difference which filter you buy as long as it's known brand. Mann is good brand for filters and probably Bosch will be ok. They can't go wrong only air quality in the cabin may vary slightly.
Fonejacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-09-17, 03:04 PM   #6

Do I take it this pollen filter as no effect on the car running?
It might be of use for those that have allergies only thus could be removed and replaced?
Old 23-09-17, 04:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnpark38 View Post
Do I take it this pollen filter as no effect on the car running?
It might be of use for those that have allergies only thus could be removed and replaced?
Well it cleans the air you breathe inside the cabin of the car, so i think it matters.
But i dont think it will have an effect on the car mechanically.

Note to everybody.

The video i posted about changing engine airfilter, the layout of the engine and how to change the airfilter is not the same for all.

I think as the description says it for the "older" E-HDI engines and not the newer BlueHDI engines. I could not follow the guide in the video to change the filter in my car.

I ran into two wires with plugs that seemed impossible for me to remove (as i don't know how to that properly) with out braking them. please see the following link for pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/yjdb5

Anybody know how to unclip these two wires in order to get the top cover off and get direct access to the airfilter?
Old 26-09-17, 12:15 PM   #8

Hi all.

So i found out how to do it.

The first plug (the all black one) have to be turned clockwise 90 degrees, then press the taps and pull out. the other plug with the orange lock, you have to pull back the orange lock and then it exposes a black pin/hatch, this part you will have to pull away from the plug and pull the whole plug out.

this way you will release the two plugs and can unscrew the three screws. then you will need to pull back on the air inlet pipe from the front of the car, now the whole "topcover" should come off (pull it towards you in standing in front of the car) and you can access the air filter.

I replaced my filter with a mann filter.. and it was a couple of millimeters wider, because of this i had a bit trouble to fit the filter, but i managed to do it and when everything is assembled it will fit tighty.

I hope this will help
Old 02-10-17, 09:50 PM   #9

How did you find that out? Thanks for the explanation, I asked the same question some time back.
Old 02-10-17, 11:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
How did you find that out? Thanks for the explanation, I asked the same question some time back.
I tried to search around on google for how to remove similar plugs and got some tips there.. asked on the danish Peugeot forum.. and my brother who have experience working on cars.

I will try to make a video for it when i have some time for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in