Automatic front wipers behavior - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-17, 10:31 AM   #1

Default Automatic front wipers behavior

Hi to all,

last few times when it was raining I notice strange front wipers behavior regarding speed. At start it is all ok, but than after few minutes they start working in mode for storm even it's normal or even slow raining. I cleaned front glass and it was OK for a day or two but then all happened again. Do you have similar problems and what can I do except go to service?
andro2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-17, 10:42 AM   #2

Occasionally my wipers misbehave - swaying permanently with very little or no more rain, but just for a while. I don't know where is sensor - behind the windshield at the top or in a rear-view mirror ....?
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-17, 07:19 PM   #3

Mine also go far too fast sometimes, so I rarely use the auto function.

Old 05-10-17, 12:50 AM   #4

I've experienced that, too - actually on two 308's. it surprises me how it managed to become approved for consumer use, because its more or lessuseless, and the comfort with it isn't there at all. Every time it rains, it either moves to slow compared to how much it rains, or sometimes it doesn't move at all.
Overall, it's just a terrible one. Weird, since I haven't experienced that on any other Peugeot car before that had it.
Douglas24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-17, 07:46 AM   #5

Huh, misbehavior I mentioned occurs once at month, or something like that. Since the "fault" is not to big at all and quite rare I not consider it as problem. All at all, I'm very happy with it. Not much different from my former Scenic. So, I approx. 10 years live with this kind of wipers.
Old 05-10-17, 11:34 AM   #6

Same sort of issues with mine. Not made any better by not having a sensitivity control. Also find that when the auto wipers are on if the auto headlights also kick in then the wipers tends to activate too much. It does mention in the handbook that there is some sort of link between the two but in my experience its not that successful.
Old 05-10-17, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danram View Post
Same sort of issues with mine. Not made any better by not having a sensitivity control. Also find that when the auto wipers are on if the auto headlights also kick in then the wipers tends to activate too much. It does mention in the handbook that there is some sort of link between the two but in my experience its not that successful.
Yes, there is some link between wipers and headlights, but not this way you think.
1. When Auto light mode is on in case of low outer light headlights will switch on
2. At same time instruments light will be dimmed and switches will lit.
So, switching treshhold is the same for both.
However, In case of rain and auto wipers kicks in, mentioned treshold will split: headlights will switch on even if the outer light is not low, but instruments lights will behave as before - will switch on when outer light became low as usual.
This easy can be seen when you drive in the tunnel while raining - headlight is already automatically switched on and when you enter the tunnel instruments lights will dimm.
Old 05-10-17, 01:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danram View Post
Yes, there is some link between wipers and headlights, but not this way you think.
1. When Auto light mode is on in case of low outer light headlights will switch on
2. At same time instruments light will be dimmed and switches will lit.
So, switching treshhold is the same for both.
However, In case of rain and auto wipers kicks in, mentioned treshold will split: headlights will switch on even if the outer light is not low, but instruments lights will behave as before - will switch on when outer light became low as usual.
This easy can be seen when you drive in the tunnel while raining - headlight is already automatically switched on and when you enter the tunnel instruments lights will dimm.
Of course, your right, thats it. The headlights come on for me more or less whenever the auto wipers become activated, which I can see the underlying logic of, but it seems. bit too sensitive.
Old 06-10-17, 10:10 AM   #9

The auto headlights come on whenever the wipers are active, whether they are in auto mode or manual.
French law requires headlights to be on when it's raining, maybe also in other countries too.
Old 06-10-17, 11:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
The auto headlights come on whenever the wipers are active, whether they are in auto mode or manual.
French law requires headlights to be on when it's raining, maybe also in other countries too.
Hm, not in my case. Law is, I believe, the same here. Lights never goes on immediately when wipers kicks in, but after a while. I'll check with garden hose in a sunny day, to be quite sure.
Manual said: "They can also
come on if rain is detected, at the same time as
automatic operation of the windscreen wipers."
And: "Do not cover the sunshine sensor,
coupled with the rain sensor and
located in the centre of the windscreen
behind the rear view mirror; the
associated functions would no longer
be controlled."
So I believe that is light-on treshold a bit higher when raining.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in