Anyone put a touch screen device in a 2008? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-19, 01:15 PM   #1

Default Anyone put a touch screen device in a 2008?

Looking to buy something cheap, seen lots on ebay... Is it possible? I have a 308 5 door hatchback
jamieuk147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-19, 01:41 PM   #2

Default touch-screen stereo

Hi Jamieuk147

i recently (and quite annoyingly) put an aftermarket "oem replacement" stereo in my 207CC, a uk model, right hand drive, miles on the odometer etc. this aftermarket stereo, an M207-S160 was supposed to do all the stuff a normal stereo does with the added inclusion of all of the on-board computer stuff, ie, parking sensors, door warnings, pollution fault, fuel warning etc, that you can programme on the screen with the use of the OEM stereo's menu settings.

whilst this stereo performs most of them admirably, it lets itself down on quality. the sound is better than the oem due to a massive built in graphic but the channel separation and outside radio interference is ridiculous, the stereo cannot display miles travelled, only kilometres, regardless of any input you have on what is, essentially, an 8" tablet operating Android 4.4.x

i have been in contact with other manufacturers and they all have the same issues, so, my advice would be to get one that just does the basics and forget about any personal programmability that the oem item offers, or, compromise. maybe putting a small, relatively cheap tablet in on some kind of holder and attaching the audio output to the aux-in on the oem stereo will give you a better (and far easier) touch screen stereo that will have better wi-fi or phone connectivity and will be regularly updated by "android".

use the oem radio, simple, use the tablet for bluetooth music / phone calls, internal memory based audio and "off-line" maps apps, you also get to take the tablet out or position it where you can see it. the only slightly difficult option would be a reverse camera (my whole reason for doing this in the first instance!), the oem's power operates via the can-bus system so you will need to locate a permanent and separate switched live (from the cigar-socket maybe!

best of luck.
paul-e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-19, 01:42 AM   #3

I put one of these in my 308 in January and I love it, dead easy job to install it too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3278...77c74c4db9pnXU

It fits so well, it looks like it came pre-installed with the car.
Seanie280672 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-06-19, 10:57 PM   #4

I recently put a Pioneer head unit in - but be warned, the accessories needed can be as $$$ as the head unit itself (need an adaptor, aerial connector and the fitting cage if the unit doesn't come with it).

I sourced the cage on Ebay - heaps cheaper, fantastic fit and high quality (and faster - SuperCheap were quoting me 3 months from the supplier - mine was here within 3 days).

The only thing that doesnt work for some reason is the parking sensors warning sounds. Still has the visual display. Bluetooth is perfect as is the Waze satnav.
Refstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-19, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672 View Post
I put one of these in my 308 in January and I love it, dead easy job to install it too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3278...77c74c4db9pnXU

It fits so well, it looks like it came pre-installed with the car.
Considering getting one of these... Whatis the audio like for voice calls - for the person on the other end - is it clear? I see the mic is on far side of the stereo to the driver.
boot_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in