AntiPollution faulty - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-19, 09:22 AM   #1

Default AntiPollution faulty

Ok, I don’t know much about cars. I know I have Peugeot 308 1.5 litre, petrol, year is 2009.

There’s few things wrong with the car. It’s automatic and every time it changes gear, it jerks. That’s been the case for over 2 years I’ve had the car.

Then few months ago, my car started shutting off while I’m driving, mpg was 999,9 and anti pollution faulty light came on.

Gave it to the garage, they couldn’t find what was wrong though they noticed that there was thick white smoke coming from the car , at least when the car was idle.

I think they changed some filters and the car started working normally. Now it has the same problem. White smoke when I start or when I’m idle, anti pollution faulty light, engine light on and then high mpg.

It hasn’t started stalling yet but I’m thinking it’ll happen soon.

I’m on Birmingham, West Midlands. Any experts nearby to help?

Thank you so much in advance!
nidachm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-19, 11:24 AM   #2

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 10-04-19, 11:41 AM   #3

Thank you for the links. I didn't know about the rules for New members. I hope to contribute
as I learn more about cars. I've always been terrible at taking care of cars (maybe I fall into the stereotype that women just don't get cars) but I do hope to learn more and see if I can take care of my car better and perhaps even help others along the way!

PS: I'm Canadian recently moved to England, and I have to say cars here are entirely different than what I'm used to
nidachm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-19, 02:12 PM   #4

Hi i was born in Canada but never been back too cold for me hes not getting on at you to know about cars just that its best to introduce yourself properly you dont have to know anything.

We have cars that do corners here

When my cousins come over we like taking them drives and laugh at them grabbing on to the roof handles life must be much slower in Canada

Auto boxes will missbehave if the engine is not working right so chances are thats why the box is rough although an oil change for the box would not do any harm
Old 11-04-19, 12:20 PM   #5

Hey

Im no expert but best thing is to just get the car scanned by somebody in the know.it will show up detailed reports on any faults within the car.it could be something simple from dirty maf/egr/exhaust system or a failing cat converter it's just to hard to say

Do you know if the garage checked your coolant and oil to rule out head gasket/engine block issues?
Mrkage89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in