Anti Pollution HELL please help. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-18, 10:44 PM   #1

Default Anti Pollution HELL please help.

Hey everyone, praying someone can help me please. Bought a 308 last weekend, 1.6 sport petrol. Knew the anti pollution fault was on it when i bought it. My father is very good with cars so we are confident we can sort the faults. Anti Pollution comes and goes. Initially the fan was coming on as soon as you start the engine and staying on. We since changed the thermostat and housing, the lambada sensor, gave it a service, oil filter, air, spark plugs new coolant the lot. We thought the anti pollution was resolved. However its started flashing up again and fan coming back on occasionally when you fire up the engine. Also the engine suddenly gets lumpy and runs a little rough when the pollution fault comes up. But sometimes it runs perfectly when tje fault isnt there... slowly losing the will to live as a lot of time has been spent on this... does anyone please have any other suggestions.?! Thanks
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-18, 11:19 PM   #2

Have you had it checked for any fault codes?
Old 09-06-18, 06:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaG View Post
Hey everyone, praying someone can help me please. Bought a 308 last weekend, 1.6 sport petrol. Knew the anti pollution fault was on it when i bought it. My father is very good with cars so we are confident we can sort the faults. Anti Pollution comes and goes. Initially the fan was coming on as soon as you start the engine and staying on. We since changed the thermostat and housing, the lambada sensor, gave it a service, oil filter, air, spark plugs new coolant the lot. We thought the anti pollution was resolved. However its started flashing up again and fan coming back on occasionally when you fire up the engine. Also the engine suddenly gets lumpy and runs a little rough when the pollution fault comes up. But sometimes it runs perfectly when tje fault isnt there... slowly losing the will to live as a lot of time has been spent on this... does anyone please have any other suggestions.?! Thanks
Could be something as trivial as a poor connection somewhere. My 206 spent about 2 of its first three weeks in life back with the dealer for going into limp mode with an Anti-pollution fault message. Was eventually (3rd try) traced to a contact element in a connector not being seated properly in the connector block, allowing it to wiggle back and not make the connection.

Old 09-06-18, 07:29 AM   #4

We have P1337 fault code which indicates a misfire cylinder 1 so will replace the ignition coil to see if that helps.. cant see how that is making the fan come on though. Wiring ecu all seems fine and not corroded. if anyone has any other suggestions as to why the fan is immediately coming on with the error message your help would be grearly appreciated!
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-18, 07:27 AM   #5

Have your tried a bsi reset ?

You say you checked the connectors for the fan you mean the connectors to the relays as these can get problem matic

Replacing the thermostat did you replace the temp sensor as well and check the wiring

What does the tempreture gauge do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20-06-18, 08:07 AM   #6

Your posts seem to suggest you think the antipollution is the cause of other problems

Antipollution fault is NOT a fault it is a warning that something is wrong and comes on BECAUSE of the fault not the other way round

Fan coming on is usually caused by the temp sensor or water ingress into wiring FOR the temp sensor missfire cylinder 1 will cause antipollution to be displayed as the car is not running right.

Peugeot number engines backwards so no 1 is flywheel end.
you dont say what engine but i recon its the prince engine and if so the missfire can be caused by loose valve seats in the head !
Old 28-06-18, 06:01 PM   #7

I had this for a while. Its probably the EGR valve.
Halfords / Euro Car Parts sell Wynns EGR cleaner. Use as instructed.
Then after leaving, go for a 10 mile run on the motorway, doing above 60mph.
You will get some smoke, but it should sort it.
Good luck.
Bob67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-06-18, 09:01 AM   #8

Don't want to sound to corrective but as far as i'm aware there is no EGR valve on this 1.6vti petrol version of the engine.
Just don't want GinaG looking for things that aren't there if you see what I mean.
(Dave) is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-06-18, 10:47 AM   #9

What code reader did you use? The generic one's don't give you the full picture, Peugeot Planet is best to use as it can give you manufacturer specific information and more importantly, give you the parameters of what caused the fault + being able to see live data on reporting of sensors.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-06-18, 06:49 PM   #10

The OP has not been on to update for a few weeks so i doubt its worth adding any more to this thread
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in