Airbag Problem - D607 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-17, 10:44 AM   #1

Default Airbag Problem - D607

So I have been having this stupid intermittent airbag problem. Code D607, which on the dash it says 'Pre tensioner or airbags fault).

Reading the code with Diagbox, it tells me it is:

Front left side air bag ignition module fault.This fault code also applies to the left-hand side curtain air bag(the airbags are fitted in production)

So have measured the parameters by Diagbox and this is what I get :

Front Left side Airbag : Faulty.
Pre tensioer: Igniter Operational
Front Left side Curtain Airbag: Igniter Operational

So I am trying to work out where the side airbag is? Is this the seat airbag?

I have looked at the big yellow connector under the passenger side, removed and replugged. Also the 2 smaller ones next to it, all removed and reconnected . But fault still there.

Have booked the car at Peug main dealer for next week, but if I can sort it out myself before then, that would be good
nariman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-06-17, 12:57 PM   #2

A google of "curtain airbag":

Old 20-06-17, 04:07 PM   #3

So the side one is the seat one?

I don't need the curtain one as that one is working fine.

Old 20-06-17, 08:00 PM   #4

"Front left side" sounds more like the one in the dash. "Front" being the keyword.. but who knows with peugeot...
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-17, 10:05 PM   #5

Dash one says passenger airbag i believe.

The fault you no doubt have is broken wires in the seat itself they break in the loom between the plug in the floor and the actual bag in the seat !
Old 21-06-17, 11:49 AM   #6

yeah the dash one is classed as 'Passenger Airbag'.

I might have to take the seat out completely to take a look at the wires and see if I can see where it goes to.

Strangely the MOT has passed with it being like this!
Old 03-07-17, 09:10 PM   #7

So took the car to main dealer and they quoted me 80 for diagnostics and 1 hr of rectification. Bloody rip off but as I had to get it done, I booked it in.

I then got a call from them to say that they have rectified one fault with the airbag but the other code is still there.

I asked what they meant and they said they had 2 codes:

D607 : Which I knew about and this is what it was booked for.
D60B : Which I didn't know about and it wasn't on my diagbox when I read the codes. I don't even know what this code is ?

They said they spent an hour taking the roof lining off to get to the connector for the curtain airbag and according to them it was a lose connection. That sorted that problem out but they need another hour to sort out D607.

Reluctantly accepted it as I had no other choice and needed the D607 fixed. But at the same time pissed off as I knew there was nothing wrong with the curtain airbags and was all ok. I think the bloke either had seen an old code and not cleared it before starting to diagnose or he is talking bollocks.

After3 hrs, I went to collect the car, took a print out of my diagbox data from last week when trying to sort out where the issue was to show them there was nothing wrong with the curtain airbag, but the service manager was adamant that there were 2 faults and they rectified them both 170 later!

So I think I am gonna complain to Evans Hallshaw customer service first, and if I don't get anywhere with them, I will start a court process to claim back the 1 hour they spent on the car.

And they never told me their hourly charge was 80 an hour. Stoneacre peugeot charge 50 for diagnostics and they were a lot better customer service. In future if I need to , I will travel the extra 20 minutes and go to them instead of these blood idiots.

They also claim that they cleaned the car, but the windscreen is filthy by the blokes finger prints where he had taken the side cover off to get to the roof lining.

Not very happy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in