6-speed Auto 308sw - slow changes and backlash - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-12, 10:44 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 6-speed Auto 308sw - slow changes and backlash

Hi guys. My 2008 308 HDi 2.0 seems to me to have a bit of an issue with the AL6 auto. I would like to know if anyone else has a view on this, as the local stealership can't identify the fault (and therefore have claimed "they're all like that mate").

Here are the issues: When selecting either first or reverse, it takes a second or so to engage. When in a low gear (1st or 2nd - especially noticeable when driving in a carpark building), lifting on and off the power seems to give a symptom that feels like there is an unusually large amount of backlash in the driveline somewhere.

I've driven another couple of similarly equipped cars that don't have anything like the same amount of backlash feeling.

Anyone on here experienced anything like this with their car?

Thanks in advance.
Mungous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-07-12, 02:32 PM   #2
Inactive User

Cant really help because my 308 is Petrol 140bhp & only 4 speed auto. It all works pretty good , but it can hang on to the ratios for a little too long , even without the use of the Sport button , which I seldom use !!.

I has a diesel Skoda Superb with 5 speed auto & that was pretty much perfect !
Old 20-07-12, 11:54 PM   #3
Inactive User

Brilliant. The stealership just told me that they couldn't fix it because the computer isn't throwing any fault codes. Apparently they are too useless to actually use their brains.

Old 21-07-12, 04:09 PM   #4
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungous View Post
Brilliant. The stealership just told me that they couldn't fix it because the computer isn't throwing any fault codes. Apparently they are too useless to actually use their brains.
Did they update the gearbox software?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-07-12, 09:21 PM   #5
Inactive User

Yep. Made no difference at all. Apparently they can't get authority to carry out any further diagnosis unless they can find a fault code. Which made me ask what fault code gets thrown if the car runs a wheel bearing or gets a puncture.

Are they really as incompetent as it seems, or am I missing something?
Old 22-07-12, 11:12 AM   #6
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungous View Post
Yep. Made no difference at all. Apparently they can't get authority to carry out any further diagnosis unless they can find a fault code. Which made me ask what fault code gets thrown if the car runs a wheel bearing or gets a puncture.

Are they really as incompetent as it seems, or am I missing something?
Go to a different dealer i reckon. By the way was there any other fault codes in any other ecu eg the engine ecu or the abs
Old 22-07-12, 11:34 PM   #7
Inactive User

No other fault codes as far as I know.

Sadly, I'm a little stuck for dealers where I live.

I'm really very interested in hearing from any other 308 owners with the same gearbox - is mine unusually bad, or do they all have more backlash than other auto gearboxes? It is very obvious if you put it in M1 and then quickly lift on and off the throttle. Feels very unpleasant.
Old 23-07-12, 01:44 PM   #8
davidireland

how does it drive in manual mode?
Old 23-07-12, 07:42 PM   #9
Inactive User

Other than the very noticeable backlash in M1 and M2, perfectly. Although I suspect that this backlash issue is only much more obvious in lower gears and at lower road speeds (as it gets taken up almost immediately at higher speeds in M3-M6), but is always present nonetheless.
Old 07-04-13, 08:04 PM   #10
Inactive User

No satisfying resolution here. I've been told that the 2008 2.0 HDi has this "characteristic" - later cars do not. So I'm asking for a replacement car. Not impressed at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in