308Hdi 2.0 Ecu snags - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-11-15, 09:00 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308Hdi 2.0 Ecu snags

My local Peugeot garage seems to have given up on this so I need help please.

I have a 308 2.0 hdi 136 brake on a 57 plate.

A few weeks ago my problems started with what's best discribed as a miss fire. I nursed the car home and thought I had an injector problem. I took the car to my local dealer and they told me I had two faults. ECU, P2148 injector bank problem and U1208 ABS to ECU com problem. The fix for this was replace the ECU, at 1200.

The only way to start the car was to insert the key and turn on the ignition but hold for 15/20 seconds before cranking. This worked for a few days. On my way home from work one day the car misfired then just cut out. I called the AA and a very good tech came out, after explaining the faults to him he placed the diagnostic kit on and told me I had fault code P2148, he said it was low volts to the injectors and not what My dealer had said this code was.

It was suggested that I send the ECU to ECU testing in darbyshire, this I did with all the codes and info I had, and so after a few days they contacted me to say after a full test the unit was found not to be at fault.

On further investigation I have discovered that four purple wires and one yellow wire on the offside ECU plug (when the ECU is installed) have indentations in the plastics leaving leading me to be live a possible brake in the wire. The codes are 3131*00024, 3131*00028, 2821*0002C (these are the purple) and 2903*14?5 being the yellow.

What I would like to know is what these wires do/go to? Does the injection system have an boost for voltage away from the ECU? Have I missed anything obvious?

As it stands now with the tested ECU fitted, the car will turn over but not fire. It's like the ignition system is locked out.

Any help would be greatly received.

Cheers
S92fixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-11-15, 10:08 AM   #2

It is NEVER the ecu dealers dont do diagnostics they just fit new parts at your expence till it works or your skint

The injectors run at 80 volts this is generated by the ecu

Its more likely a simple wiring issue you need proper diagnostics fault codes are no use you need live data readings showing whats working and whats not this will get you to your goal.

Other issue with this engine is the fuel pump seizing this can be checked by removing it and checking the end of the cam.
S92fixer likes this.
Old 28-11-15, 09:06 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hey 406, dumb question but is the pump in the tank accessible from under the rear seat?

Old 28-11-15, 10:11 PM   #4

Unless its a bosch system which i doubt it does NOT have a tank pump the failed pump i am talking about is on the engine.
S92fixer likes this.
Old 30-11-15, 08:02 AM   #5
Inactive User

406, reassembled the ECU and fuse unit back into the car. Just for giggles I tried to start it. With just the ignition on and with my head back under the bonnet a high pitch whine was coming from the fuel pump. It fails to start when I tuned the key, no surprises. Went back under the bonnet and the fuel pump was still whining until a click from the ECU stopped it.

Is this normal operation?

Looks a complete pig to remove.
Old 07-01-16, 04:56 PM   #6
Inactive User

Smile Fixed.

Just for your info, I've managed to fix my 308hdi.

After sending the ecu to ecu testing twice, only to be told no fault found I dug deeper into the fault.

I disconnected the injector electrical plug on the suspect cylinder, #3 in my case, then attempted to start it. Blow me she fired into life, running like a bag of crabs but running. Just to prove the fault I then moved the #3 injector over to the #2 position and vies versa. Leaving the #3 plug off she failed to start. Plugging #3 back in and unplugging #2 it fired into life.

New injector fitted, she fired into life but needed to be reprogrammed to accept the new injector and the transposed on, did all four just for giggles.

So far the car is back to normal, fingers crossed, salute the magpie and kill a rabbit for its foot.
Old 07-01-16, 05:06 PM   #7

Dealer diagnosis was pants go back and demand your money back and stop sending ecus away for testing its NEVER the ecu !

Well done in getting it going most just give up !
Old 07-01-16, 05:07 PM   #8

without them having a car and matching bsi and key there is no way a company can fully test an ecu anyway
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in