308 updates - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-12-15, 08:21 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 updates

Evening all,

As im not out celebrating the new year tonight I figured id have a think and see what I want to do to the 308 next year.....

58 plate 308 1.6vti sport.

Id love to update the rear lights to the stripe styles ones from the phase 2 (correct me if im wrong), id also like to upgrade the head unit to one that has built in nav and bluetooth (currently have the rd4 with a bluetooth module connected via aux).

I have fitted an aftermarket alarm to the car, just as a deterrent due to issues on the street recently.... I cant find a wiring diagram to allow me to wire it to the indicators so they flash each time the alarm chirps. The unit has the outputs for it but I dont have a diagram for the car. The unit also has a remote start feature, would it be possible to wire it up on this car with it having an immobilizer?
g4m8l3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-16, 10:05 AM   #2

Sounds like the alarm was designed for cars that were built before the advent of VAN / CAN Bus. The indicator outputs would likely just be spliced into the live feed for the bulbs or to the feed for the hazard relay. The auto start would need to emulate the key being in the 'run' position and supply the starter solenoid.

Fortunately these days, cars have built in immobilisers to make them less likely to be stolen by an opportunist or joy rider. The only way you could get autostart to work would be to leave the key in the ignition, tape a programmed immobiliser chip to the receiver or get the immobilser disabled, all of which could invalidate your insurance if not disclosed to the insurance company. If disclosed then could prevent you actually getting insurance in the first place.

I wouldn't bother trying to get either of these options working if they weren't simply plug in options as you could end up damaging something expensive (I.e. BSI) or cause havoc on the vehicles communication network.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-16, 09:34 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the reply. I dont know where to find the live feed for the indicators or the pinout for the hazard switch unfortunately.

I do have another question about my ESP/ASR. When I start the car it doesnt turn on by default unless I press the button but then it goes off again after 40mph, is this normal?

In other peugeots I have seen this happen the other way, they start the car and its turned on by default, if they want to switch it off they have to press the button on the dash.

Old 08-01-16, 04:16 PM   #4
Inactive User

Anyone???

I am also like the look of the flip up screen in the face lift model, is it possible to fit that into my 2008 model?

" https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6f&oe=56FE5CF3 "
Old 08-01-16, 04:25 PM   #5

the esp is not normal you have a fault there
Old 08-01-16, 04:38 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
the esp is not normal you have a fault there
There's no outstanding faults in the ECU....

Also it flashes at me if the wheels spin or corner too quick.
Old 08-01-16, 04:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4m8l3r View Post
There's no outstanding faults in the ECU....

Also it flashes at me if the wheels spin or corner too quick.
well how do you know its disabled?
Old 08-01-16, 04:45 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
well how do you know its disabled?
I dont im just going off the fact the light is off.

Basically when I start the car the esp button (next to the hazard button on the center console) doesnt light up however if I were to immediately wheelspin the car or slide into a corner the little esp light on the dials will flash at me and well im guessing its keeping me on the road....
When stood with the car running if I press the button on the center console it lights up but turns off after about 30mph or so and doesnt come back on unless I wheel spin it like I said.

Sorry hope this is a bit better
Old 08-01-16, 04:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4m8l3r View Post
I dont im just going off the fact the light is off.

Basically when I start the car the esp button (next to the hazard button on the center console) doesnt light up however if I were to immediately wheelspin the car or slide into a corner the little esp light on the dials will flash at me and well im guessing its keeping me on the road....
When stood with the car running if I press the button on the center console it lights up but turns off after about 30mph or so and doesnt come back on unless I wheel spin it like I said.

Sorry hope this is a bit better
the esp light only comes on when the car looses traction and needs the esp, you can not disable the esp when that happens so when you think pressing the button turns it on in fact it would disable it but because the traction control is active and being used it does not let you disable it
Old 08-01-16, 05:12 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
the esp light only comes on when the car looses traction and needs the esp, you can not disable the esp when that happens so when you think pressing the button turns it on in fact it would disable it but because the traction control is active and being used it does not let you disable it
Right so if I understand right.........when I start the car and there isnt a light on the centre console button the esp is actually enabled. If I press the button and it lights up I have temporarily disabled it which is why after 30mph the light goes out and its re enabled?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in