308 Turbo Oil Feed Line Replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-17, 02:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 Turbo Oil Feed Line Replacement

Thought I would do a write up on the process I went through.

I used a turbo feed line from eBay (but im sure many similar lines will work) and the install took around 4 hours.

I was fortunate enough to be able to use my friends garage and hoist, which obviously helped alot. However this job could still be done with car ramps or jacks.

I started by removing the top air intake for the turbo which was held on by two screws (10mm) and attached with pipes to the respective places.

Next was to remove the small heat shield which sits underneath the part I just took off was and has to heat resistant pads on either side of it.

I then unfastened the connector/holder for the top 02 sensor (held on by one screw, 10mm), doing this allowed me to remove the heatshield. Next was undoing all the top heat shield bolts, from memory I believe there was 6 x 10mm bolts. Once this was done I unscrewed the 02 sensor which allowed me to completely remove the heatshield and sit it aside.

The next step was the trickiest for me. It involved removing the exhaust manifold shield and the entire exhaust manifold itself. I found the best to do this was to go under the car and loosen the two brackets which the exhaust sits on. Doing this allows for a lot more moving room. Once you've done that, you can unscrew and move the O Clip which connects the exhaust to the catalytic converter, while you are down there you might aswell also unscrew the bottom O2 sensor and the screws.

Next, go back up to the top of the engine and unscrew the 3 nuts that connect the exhaust manifold. You are then able to unscrew the 6 x 10mm bolts that hold on the exhaust heat shield. Once you've removed the heat shield you can lift out the exhaust pipe and put it to the side.

You should now have a lot of room and access to the final heat shield. This is held on by the two brackets we loosened for the exhaust, a couple more 10mm screws and one big bolt which goes through supporting arm. After removing all the screws and bolts, you may need to move the supporting arm slightly to slide out the heat shield.

And the moment you've been waiting for, you should now be able to see the bottom part of the turbo oil feed line and its banjo fittings. You can undo the banjo bolt and go back up to the top of the car to under the top side.

Getting the pipe out was tricky and I just ended up bending it to maneuver it out. Its useless anyway.

The next step is to feed the new line down and fasten it in, make sure you use 2 copper crush washers either side of the banjo connector. You can then repeat the exact process of taking it off except in reverse. I would encourage you to possibly do some degreasing whilst the area is cleared though.

You should now have a brand new, more durable and working turbo oil feed line.

I am nowhere near a qualified mechanic and this was my first major job on my car. However I found the process relatively easy and it was mainly just undoing parts carefully. Doing this yourself is fully justified and can save a lot of money.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions or make any corrections!
fishwick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in