308 TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Disable With Planet - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-12, 11:16 AM   #1
Inactive User

Talking 308 TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Disable With Planet

Hi

I've got a 308 with an intermittent problem with the TPMS system. I keep getting alerts coming up randomly (Tyre Pressures Not Monitored). My understanding from this is that this is due to a problem with the receiver (TPMS emitter) module located just under the stereo in the car.

Took it to a peugeot dealer, to have the whole system disabled and they said "We can't disable it because we can't see it. There is a fault between the TPMS ECU and the Body Systems Interface BSI". To "diagnose" further they wanted 160!

Anyway, I disconnected the connector on the TPMS ECU and the problem went away for a while - car would start fine with no errors. But it keeps coming back. Now I'm assuming if my car starts fine with no errors, then at that point the communication between the BSI and TPMS ECU's are fine - so should be in a position to disable it.

I've got a Planet kit coming. Can anyone offer guidance on how to COMPLETELY disable this system, and re-program BSI etc to think that there simply isn't a TPMS option fitted at all?

Thanks

Nick
nsk1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-09-12, 11:36 AM   #2
CAB

search forum for tpms discussed plenty in the 407 section.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-09-12, 09:29 AM   #3
Inactive User

Smile

thanks CAB - read the threads and assuming things are same or similar between the 308 and 407 in this respect. Hopefully my planet kit will arrive this weekend so I'll be giving it a go.

Old 28-09-12, 10:45 AM   #4
CAB

When 1st using planet/diagbox write down how you got to the section your altering, what your altering and what it originally was, just incase
Old 28-09-12, 11:01 AM   #5

I would guess that someone had a go at disabling it and didn't do it right , in most cases it needs turned off in three places , the BSI , the tpm ecu and the radio , check for any sign of tpm present and change to absent , no harm to dealers but if the computer doesn't tell them where to go half the time they don't know , whereas we have no server access so we have to find our own ways .

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-09-12, 07:03 PM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks for the tip CAB. And Bettyswollocks, what you say re the dealers is what i suspect and hoping for.

Got the planet kit now. Installed diagbox to 5.02 but trying to go any further (to 5.29) screws up the activation for me. Despite having the patches, following procedures (including interim version) etc.

Any reason for me NOT to try sorting this with 5.02?

Cheers

Nick
Old 29-09-12, 07:16 PM   #7
CAB

As long as you can choose 308 in the menu you'll be ok.
Old 29-09-12, 09:19 PM   #8

I use 5.02 all the time , you can do it with this no problem , plus if you have a Chinese clone going to v5.29 and above will brick it

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Old 30-09-12, 09:06 AM   #9
Inactive User

Smile

Thanks again for the help. Just connected up and ten minutes later, TPMS disabled properly in all three places with no problems whatsoever.

Particularly pleased as if I'd left it to the stealers I'd have been 218 down so far (58 to disable them and another 160 to diagnose the (non-existant!) wiring fault)

Will be avoiding Robins & Day in Rochester like the plague in future...
Old 30-09-12, 09:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsk1974 View Post
Thanks again for the help. Just connected up and ten minutes later, TPMS disabled properly in all three places with no problems whatsoever.

Particularly pleased as if I'd left it to the stealers I'd have been 218 down so far (58 to disable them and another 160 to diagnose the (non-existant!) wiring fault)

Will be avoiding Robins & Day in Rochester like the plague in future...
Good stuff , now don`t go mad with the Diagnostic machine

ps remove TPM sensors from wheel when you get a chance and replace with ordinary rubber one`s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in