308 Touring Wheelbrace - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-13, 01:24 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 Touring Wheelbrace

Hi everyone,
My first post here. I've got a 2012 308 Touring which I bought brand new from City Peugeot in Melbourne. Recently one of my tyres got punctured by a nail and I wanted to fix it myself. However, we looked everywhere in the car, and also followed the owner's manual and no one could figure out where the wheelbrace is to take off the security bolts off the tyre. I then took the car to a mechanic, and even they couldn't figure out where the wheelbrace is. They even took off the spare tyre for me to check just to be sure and it wasn't there either.
I called Peugeot just this morning and they weren't helpful at all. They told me repeatedly that it's supposed to be in the side compartment in the boot when I already told them repeatedly that I don't have the wheelbrace there, all I can see is a metal tow hook. They then told me that it could be hidden but they couldn't tell me where it might be hidden. My next bet will be to take the car into the dealership for them to find it but we can only take the car in really early before work and parking in the city will be really expensive afterwards so I prefer not to. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience and if anyone knows where else I can look?
Thanks in advance.
sjzhao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-07-13, 07:07 AM   #2
chopper1192

Parking is really expensive on your local dealers forecourt?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-07-13, 07:19 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
Parking is really expensive on your local dealers forecourt?
No, sorry if I wasn't being very clear. I don't think they will let me leave the car there as they didn't ask me to make a booking or anything, they just said to bring it in and someone will have a look while we're there. It's a very small service centre so space will be limited and if they can't find it, they're likely to tell us to just drive it away and they'll get us one maybe. I'm quite frustrated at this service centre already, when the car was delivered to us more than a year ago, it had a mark on the door handle and they promised to fix it, but they didn't fix it until May this year. Then they took off the baby seat in the car when we took it in for a service, and when they fitted the baby seat back on, they didn't put on the anti-slip mat underneath. When I called about the mat a few days later, they claimed they know nothing about it, and then called me back another few days later saying that they couldn't find it anywhere. I don't really care about the mat but this incident made me speculate that maybe they've lost the wheelbrace. Anyway, I guess I'll have to bring it in then.

Thanks chopper1192 for reading the post though.
sjzhao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 22-07-13, 08:11 AM   #4

According to the manual its stored in the boot under the floor, or in a bag on the left hand side of the boot.

If its not there then they must have lost it.

Sounds like dealers are the same the world over - will bend over backwards before the sale. But after they've got your money, tough.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in