308 multiple faults - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-12, 07:18 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation 308 multiple faults

Peugeot 308 2L gt Diesel 49000 miles

Loss of power ? car judders heavily when I accelerate
Intermittent non start but good power constant tone is heard from battery region ? (car only starts when noise is not heard)
De-pollution system faulty light on ?
I have had a forced regeneration done as car had never regenerated??
Tyre pressures not monitored?

Had a diagnostics done
p0000 unknown
p1351 glow relay supp volt low
p1607 road speed limit
p0088 fuel pressure reg stop
p0087 fuel press reg press to low
p3026 air mass signal too high

Pleas help

Dave
bealy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-12, 09:03 PM   #2
Inactive User

I'Ve had a Skoda Diesel & a Jeep ( VW ) diesel ....but from all the post I've read on this site since I've been a member I deffo wont be touching any car that is powered by a Peugot diesel....The've been making diesels for a long time !!! but havn't quite got the hang of it !!!
Old 03-02-12, 09:09 PM   #3
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptronic View Post
I'Ve had a Skoda Diesel & a Jeep ( VW ) diesel ....but from all the post I've read on this site since I've been a member I deffo wont be touching any car that is powered by a Peugot diesel....The've been making diesels for a long time !!! but havn't quite got the hang of it !!!
The vw diesels are as troublesome. I had a transporter other day with a dropped valve. You'll not see a peugeot diesel do that. I'd have a peugeot diesel any day over them.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-12, 09:41 PM   #4
Inactive User

Had the same spec 307 not a problem.. Only had the problems since it has been in dealers.... happy with 308 great value for money just peeved at Peugeot customer service nearly £100 for diagnostic????
Surly if you pay £XX thousands for a car they should have the courtesy to plug the car into a computer and tell you what is wrong for free!!!!

Dave
Old 03-02-12, 10:09 PM   #5
chopper1192

Except plugging the car in alone won't necessarily tell you what's wrong. They'll tell you what sensors are returning out-of-parameter readings, but not why. Are the sensors genuinely recording a problem? Or is the sensor faulty? Or is something else entirely wrong that is causing the sensor to read a false measurement? This perception that "a diagnostic" involves plugging in a computer that instantly tells you what's at fault come what may while the technician skives with a cuppa and a Benson for the other 59 minutes in the hour is little short of hilarious.

Guys like Dave train for years to be able to "diagnose" problems, yet compared to a Solicitor who will have trained for a similar amount of time you're getting bloody good value.

When you can diagnose better for £100, while paying for premises, tax, wages etc, and still make a profit then we'll take notice.
Old 03-02-12, 10:33 PM   #6
Inactive User

???? But that's what they did... Plugged in, left my car outside and left it to force regenerate, cleared faults then sent me on my way... took a mechanic 5 mins???

I understand there are overheads but charging so much for so little is well just daft ..... and dealers wounder why people choose independent garages?????

VALUE FOR MONEY
Old 04-02-12, 07:24 AM   #7
chopper1192

So you let them charge you a ton for 5 minutes (as you say) work? £1200 an hour? Who's the bigger fool...?

Still, you know so much you could always do it yourself, like some of us do.
Old 04-02-12, 07:35 AM   #8
Inactive User

Have to say that whenever I went to my local Peugeot dealer for a diagnostic they always did a complete around the car check (like an MOT) as well as reading the faults and always found it good value for money.

The diagnostic never cost me more than £45 as I get a discount for taking any car that I purchase into them. £100 for a diagnostic & forced regen sounds about right to me.
steve m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-12, 09:07 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve m View Post
Have to say that whenever I went to my local Peugeot dealer for a diagnostic they always did a complete around the car check (like an MOT) as well as reading the faults and always found it good value for money.
Thats because they are looking for other things to charge you for, not out of the goodness of their hearts.
Old 04-02-12, 09:45 AM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyStorm View Post
Thats because they are looking for other things to charge you for, not out of the goodness of their hearts.
Not at all, every time my cars went in they were explicitly told that any faults found would be repaired by the dealer whom I purchased the car from so there was never any money in it for them. Peugeot has never had any money from me due to faults found from a diagnostic.

If you take time to build a rapport with a mechanic/ dealership you will usually find that they will treat you with the respect you deserve.
steve m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in