308 Locking Wheel BOlts - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tiptronic
  • 2 Post By chopper1192
  • 1 Post By Schodoodles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-12, 10:46 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 Locking Wheel BOlts

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend an alternative set of locking wheel bolts for the 308 please? (And where to source them!)
I have OE Alloys so will need to be flat seated.

Essentially, a garage I used for MOT & Service have broken 2 of 4 pins off the OE set so want to replace with something more sturdy as well as get a set of 4 bolts to replace them with come service time.
I've seen McGard get high reviews and recommended by AutoExpress as well.

Thanks,
John
Schodoodles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-05-12, 11:07 AM   #2
Inactive User

You'll still need a security key socket to get the old ones off !!! I had same problem , but got a new key from dealer ---Cost over 50 & took two weeks to arrive !!
Schodoodles likes this.
Old 30-05-12, 11:16 AM   #3
Inactive User

Crikey!
Well with 2 pins left in the key I'm going to try getting them off with that and see how I go. I've heard they can be a right pain to remove otherwise, but doing what they were designed to at least!

I'm also going to get 4 spare standard bolts to replace the locking set come service time. I won't be revisiting that garage but saves future issues.

I've had a look at the McGard Ultra High security bolts; will the 26002SL version work?
Thread Size : M12x1.25
Seat : Flat
Thread Length : 35.3 mm
Hex : 17 mm
Part No.: 26002SL

Old 30-05-12, 12:59 PM   #4
Inactive User

My pins got busted by a combo of RAC Patrol man & a tyre fitter . Sometimes I think it may be a good idea to replace all the lockers with standard bolts . & hope no one notices !!
Old 30-05-12, 01:36 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptronic View Post
My pins got busted by a combo of RAC Patrol man & a tyre fitter . Sometimes I think it may be a good idea to replace all the lockers with standard bolts . & hope no one notices !!
I've considered it but thought against it. Although they may not stop a determined professional it prevents the oppurtunist thief. Plus the insurance company may dodge a claim on that basis if they did get nicked.

Checked on the McGard.de website and the 26002SL are the recommended ones for the OE alloys so will get them. 32 with free delivery off fleabay.
Old 30-05-12, 02:35 PM   #6
chopper1192

I can't think of anyone who makes flat faced pug compatible items.

You shouldn't use windy guns with lockers, but most tyre fitters do cos they're lazy. Cthe garage that did the tyres on my 3008 did this and bent the pins, idiots. Fortunately I had a spare and they ended up paying the cost of a replacement key.

Whenever you take the car anywhere other than the dealers keep slapping them until they agree to only work the lockers by hand, and check the key before you depart.
tiptronic and Schodoodles like this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-12, 07:17 AM   #7
Inactive User

Good advice Chopper but even when asked to replace the damaged key the garage only said theyd do the labour to remove and replace only - no parts replaced for free. Bit of a joke. As such they've lost my custom and everyone I end up telling who works with me

For anyone with similar issues, we (me & the old man) found an old 4mm drillbit and cut off the end normally in the chuck to replace the pins and then held them in place with superglue and left over night before using. Saved over 50 on a new key and no hassle trying to drill and force the things off.
tiptronic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in