308 heating/air controls - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-11, 06:27 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 heating/air controls

I finally accepted the inevitable last week and scrapped the best car I ever owned, a 1999 306 xs. I loved driving that car but a poltergeist moved in to the electrics and I just live with it anymore.

I replaced it with a 1.6 VTi Sport last week - more comfortable than the 306 but not as much fun to drive. Anyway, I noticed last night that the 3 dials for the heating/air flow do not light up. The centre buttons (recirc, air con, rear screen) light up but not the air flow, temperature or speed bits around the outside, making it trial and error to set it up as I drove home.

Can anyone out there advise if this is correct or do I have to replace bulb(s) in the dashboard?

Thanks.
chandler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-04-11, 09:32 PM   #2
Inactive User

Don't suppose it makes alot of difference, but I have the 1.6vti S, and my heater/AC controls light up.

The ring/decals around the outside of the knobs has a light, and the selector position glows.

As well as this, the re-circulate, AC and heated rear windows all have their own lights.

I would assume it is just a bulb, but wouldn't like to guess how easy it is to repair/replace.
wi11iam5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-04-11, 01:25 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for that info.

Yes, the buttons in the centre of the dials all seem to light up, just the outside scales that do not. I have a bit of a trek to my nearest dealer but will get them to fix it over the summer.

Old 19-09-11, 05:32 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hey all,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but registered today as my 308 has done exactly the same thing!

Anybody have any pointers on replacing the bulb/getting a replacement?
jredman7469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-09-11, 06:22 PM   #5
Inactive User

I got it done at an Arnold Clark dealership when I had something else needing done. Have to say they made a total mess of it - left me without rear window demister, air con or ability to direct the air flow - dial jammed hard to floor position.

Later, when I asked them to sort it before I left the forecourt, the 2nd technician claimed to have found a spring was missing from the dashboard.

Bulbs were 1 each, labour charge was more like 50.
Wish I'd bought a Haynes manual instead
Old 19-09-11, 06:33 PM   #6
jmkent

Can't be sure 100% on the 308, as I haven't got one.... but if they are anything like the consoles used to be, it should just be a case of taking off the front cover and you'll see the little bulbs in the holders behind. Be more than one for the 3 dials though. I changed them on my 306, and the bulbs are just pushed in - easy job once figured out how to get the front cover off.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-09-11, 07:05 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks for the answers,

jmkent how did you get the front cover off yours? I've looked about and tugged at a few places but nothing seems to want to budge!

I'll defo attempt to fix it myself before going to a dealer - don't fancy the pocket hole if I can do it myself!
Old 19-09-11, 07:11 PM   #8
jmkent

Not sure on the 308... on the 306 you would use a wide blade flat screwdriver and flip off one panel, then this would uncover the screws to undo the rest. On my 407, the radio comes out first with 2 small torx screws, then the panels below are held in with screws which become visible after the radio is removed. Can't remember what layout the 308 has got... is the radio held in with screws like my 407? Once one is removed, all the others will follow suit.

Sorry can't help with actual removal of your panel, but was trying to help by saying that it should be an easy fix once you do get the panel off - and cheap too!

Don't pull and poke too hard though - the panels aren't normally that strong and could snap!
Old 19-09-11, 07:19 PM   #9
Inactive User

Ah I see your point!

The 308 has the hazard light button then the radio which is only removable with those silly 2 pronged bits of metal then below that there is a plastic cubbyhole which takes up 1 DIN of space then there is the blower controls at the bottom then the ashtray under that,

I'm sure your theory of one coming out will lead to the rest, I will attempt dismantling it when I can and let you know how it goes!

Thanks for your help
Old 20-09-11, 07:00 PM   #10
jmkent

Does this help at all....

.... looks like the panel is held in with screws at the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
308.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in