308 hdi 1.6 locking wheel bolt - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-19, 09:28 PM   #1

Default 308 hdi 1.6 locking wheel bolt

Hi,
I need to put my spare wheel on due to a puncture. the locking wheel bolt has 4 groves in which the nut should lock into.
However being a second hand car someone in the past has obviously done this multiple times and the groves in the bolt have worn away meaning i cant get any grip when trying to losen it!
Is there a solution i can use to do it myself or is it a garage job?
Thanks in advance.
Danking90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-19, 02:12 PM   #2

I think your best option would be get it to a garage for them to try remove it, as I don't think there is an easier way that you cold do it yourself.

I had a similar issue when I took my car to have a tyre changed, the pins in the special socket tool had worn a lot and would not engage with the bolt correctly. Luckily they managed to do a temporary repair on the socket which just managed to get the bolt slack, but seriously advised change to standard bolts, which I have since done. And would advise you to do the same.
(Dave) is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-19, 06:06 PM   #3

This too, just get those locking bolts out and put normal ones in, they are more trouble than they're worth.

I had exactly the same problem too, my mechanic took a tight fitting socket to the locking nut, hammered it on a bit and then removed it with his air drill.
Seanie280672 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in