308 - the hatchback for real men! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-09, 04:46 PM   #1
chopper1192

Default 308 - the hatchback for real men!

Thought I'd make history by getting in there first!

I got a 308 HDi110 Sport 5 door hatch, and I love it. Came the 308 way after a very fraught and disappointing 207 ownership experience - on one occasion they gave me a 308 courtesy car and I sold the piece of kack and bought a 308 of my own the same day.

So far 19k miles, totally and utterly without fault. It easily drives as well as anything from Ford or VW in this sector, and is as well finished as the oddly named product from the firm commisioned by Hitler, so i'm surprised pug aren't hammering the advertising harder.

Still, I was going to ask, anyone else out there have a 308 other than little olde me?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-08-09, 08:15 PM   #2

Have to agree with you , think the 308 is stunning, would like the sw in black please.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-08-09, 08:18 AM   #3
Stubbo

From what i've been told the build quality on the 308's has gone back to how it should be and they are a very reliable motor

Just cant accept that bonnet though, just the ridges on it dont work for me!

Saying that i didnt like the 307's front end at first and now here i am owning one!

They need to get Pininfarina in a bit more like they did with the 406 coupe, used to love that thing!

Old 21-08-09, 04:39 PM   #4
chopper1192

The nose is a bit Manilow, though in the flesh it's better proportioned and not so bad. It's also better with a high spec trim which gives all the nasty plastics a dose of colour coding and a set of 17s as standard - much easir on the eye that way.
Old 13-09-09, 10:38 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi Guys thought i would introduce myself being a newbie on here
Just brought a 308 SW SE 1.6HDI 110 and loving it
Had a diesel Zafira before but this Pug is just so much more refined and a pleasure to drive! loving it
Gazzaflem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-09-09, 10:48 AM   #6
chopper1192

Good man! I have to say the standard of build and fit, and the 'quality' (I hate that word, it's so misused) of the trim is a genuine light year ahead of any Pug I've previously owned, and the 3008 looks set to be better still.

Hope you continue to love it as much as I love mine - nippy (it feels livelier and punchier than a mere 110 bhp should), comfy, good handling, awe inspring brakes, and the 110 holds the official world record for the highest MPG obtained on a public road across a full tank, and the furthest distance covered on a public road in a single tank - stick that in your Prius and smoke it!
Old 20-09-09, 07:18 PM   #7

Smile Gloplug

Got to aggree with you, picked up me 308 sw last friday, super bit of kit diddent think i would ever be driving a pug after all the probs my lad has had with his 307 hdi. by the way i think the front end is well sexy.

Last edited by gloplug; 20-09-09 at 07:21 PM.
gloplug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-09, 07:33 AM   #8
Inactive User

I just traded in my 207 for a 308 Sport HDi a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it!
Much more comfortable than the 207, far better build quality and as you'd expect, the fuel consumption is far better as well!
graeme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-09, 08:49 AM   #9
chopper1192

Nice one Graeme - a lot of people with 308s seem to be ex 207 owners who became disenchanted with their crapness. in my case I got a 308 loan car while my 207 was in being repaired yet again and by the time I'd driven it home I was converted.
Old 13-10-09, 05:28 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192
Nice one Graeme - a lot of people with 308s seem to be ex 207 owners who became disenchanted with their crapness. in my case I got a 308 loan car while my 207 was in being repaired yet again and by the time I'd driven it home I was converted.
Haha, similar thing here. I got sick of sending the 207 in to get fixed and quite liked the look of the 308 so I chopped in the 207! I didn't even test drive the 308, just had a sit in it and decided to go for it

We've still got a 207 in the household though. The OH has just got herself a 207CC!
graeme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in