308 GT low boost issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-17, 07:41 PM   #1

Default 308 GT low boost issues

Ok, so I have been having some issues now with the car for a few months. But it is getting annoying now and need to get to the bottom of it.

It is a 2008 1.6 GT ( THP). I am getting the following 3 codes:
2261 : Turbine discharge solenoid valve (dump valve) control fault
2262 : Turbocharging pressure regulation fault : measured pressure too low
0299 : Turbocharging pressure regulation fault : Turbo charge pressure too low

I have diagtool and have been in the testing section and have tested both dump valve and the wastegate and they both coming back with no errors :

I have replaced the Dump Valve with a brand new genuine item and the fault is still there.

I haven't changed the Wastegate yet as that one is a pain to get to.

Car went to main dealer a few weeks ago and they had it for 3 full days. Then they said they don't know what the issue is and it has to be booked for a full day at the cost of £80 per hour for them to run some tests!

They said they have done the following:

1) Replaced the DV with their unit to make sure it is ok, same fault
2) They replaced the WG with their test unit and it is still the same
3) They have checked vacuum and it is all ok.

From my understanding on these engines:

The turbo is a simple wastegate operated turbo with a penny valve and actuator to operate it.

The turbo creates the boost and the ECU sees the boost. Once it reaches the maximum, it then operates the Wastegate Valve which that operates the actuator to open the penny valve and release the boost.

So if low boost is registered:

1) could be a boost leak ? Maybe a small hole in the intercooler or pipes?
2) Knackered actuator ?
3) Knackered turbo / penny valve so it is not shutting properly and leaking boost?

What I have notices there is a very small amount of exhaust blow from somewhere. When you first put your foot on the accelerator you can hear a bit of a blow. But then as soon as the revs go up a bit it disappears. You can hear it better if you drive in a small street with houses on the side. You can hear a bit of blow.

the ECU light is on but the power seems to be there until you hit 60+ in 6th gear. It cuts the power and drives with very low boost. Switch off and back on and the power is back on.

Drive hard in 2-5th gear and take it to the redline, the power is there and it gets to 90 with no issues, but as soon as you select the 6th gear it cuts boost and limps.

This is really annoying me now. Any thoughts or ways to sort out issue?

There is no boost gauge in the car so I don't even know what sort of boost it is running or should be running? Can you do live measurement of the boost with diagtool ?
nariman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-18, 04:31 PM   #2

i am still having the issue with my turbo boost.

It is driving me crazy.

i have replaced both electronic valves and it is still the same

I took the exhaust pipe off the turbo and the penny valve seems very loose and has a small chip in it. I am wondering if this can be the issue? and not holding boost as it should.

Can you get repair kit for the wastegate for this turbo?
Old 07-10-18, 09:49 PM   #3

As strange as it sounds check your air feed pipes/hoses iv had similar probs and found i have a split cam shaft breather hose boost drops off now and then.
Jase32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-10-18, 01:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase32 View Post
As strange as it sounds check your air feed pipes/hoses iv had similar probs and found i have a split cam shaft breather hose boost drops off now and then.

I did check all the pipes to make sure there was no leaks which I couldn't find any.

I have just had a boost gauge delivered, so have to fit this in the next few days and see what sort of boost I am running.

The wierd thing is that it only does it if I cruise to the NSL on motorway. If I put the foot down and take the revs to 5.5k before changing, I can hit speeds above NSL without cutting out. But I then lift off and can drive at the speed with no issues cruising. As soon as I then try and put a bit of boost, it just cuts the boost immediately and goes into LIMP.

So flaming annoying. The last thing I can think of is the bloody turbo!
Old 16-10-18, 06:57 PM   #5

No idea then sorry. I wouldnt mind seeing boost gauge when you have fit it though, i might get 1 myself.
Jase32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-10-18, 09:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase32 View Post
No idea then sorry. I wouldnt mind seeing boost gauge when you have fit it though, i might get 1 myself.
No problem , Will do. I have also bought a second hand turbo housing which looks a lot better than mine . It was only £20 compared to £280 for a turbo! So will have to give that a go also and see if it is the wastegate causing the problem.

This is the gauge i have bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-52mm-Bl...72.m2749.l2649

Seems chinese and probably won't last long. But it should give me an indication on rough boost.

Do you know what the factory boost should be on these engines?
Old 22-10-18, 12:44 PM   #7

Iím in the same boat, miss is unhappy that her ride is not the same as before.
Did you manage to fix the problems.
Ninhuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-18, 02:05 PM   #8

no, it is work in progress. Need to change the turbo housing and see if it is the cause of the problem
Old 25-10-18, 04:36 PM   #9

So for the past 3 days I have been busy replacing bits and pieces.

First took of the turbo housing and I can see it is knackered. There are small cracks and corners missing from the turbine housing, so I think this is the cause of my issues.

However the housing I had didn't fit. It had come off a 150hp and not the 175! So had then put the turbo all back together but then the bloody oil feed started to leak! what a absolute crap design! This is the second time I had to replace! But no thanks. Pug wanted £50 and 48hr delivery! Went to my local pirtek and got them to make me a flexible ptfe pipe at the cost of £23 and it fits perfect! Don't have to worry about it again when I come to replace the turbo.

I have taken the plunge and odered a new turbo off ebay. Apparently it is coming from Germany, so you would think it is a good one. But looking at the seller, he is based in HK! so more than likely a Chinese turbo! But we shall see what it is like when I change it next weekend if the turbo shows up.

Can't wait to have a fault free running car for a while again! so bloody annoying!
Old 25-10-18, 05:05 PM   #10

This is your fault 2261 : Turbine discharge solenoid valve (dump valve) control fault.

The wiring to or the control solenoid is faulty so the dump valve is not being controlled properly and its staying open stopping the turbo boosting which is causing the other codes.

I am 99% swapping the turbo will make no difference
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in