308 gt - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-15, 05:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Cool 308 gt

hey all!

just signed up and jumped across from the ds3club! traded my ds3 in for a 15plate peugeot 308 gt 200hp version and must say it is a very nice motor! only reason i got rid of my ds3 was cause i have a lil lad on the way and it wasnt practical enough for a baby

just wondering what mpg you would expect? i mean its auto and has stop start etc, dont drive like a twat drive like a normal person i guess! my ds3 use to do 55/56mpg was a 1.6 diesel remapped to 140bhp. my 308 is only around 41/42 but i when i drove on a 300mile trip for weekend away it went up to around 44/45.
part from the mpg im loving the peugeot! will post a few pics up another night as havent got time atm.

also what difference does the snow button next to the gear stick make?

looking forward to any meets or what not you guys do havent looked if you do any yet lol any info about 308 troubles or etc much apprieciated!

crispy.
Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-15, 06:09 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
hey all!

just signed up and jumped across from the ds3club! traded my ds3 in for a 15plate peugeot 308 gt 200hp version and must say it is a very nice motor! only reason i got rid of my ds3 was cause i have a lil lad on the way and it wasnt practical enough for a baby

just wondering what mpg you would expect? i mean its auto and has stop start etc, dont drive like a twat drive like a normal person i guess! my ds3 use to do 55/56mpg was a 1.6 diesel remapped to 140bhp. my 308 is only around 41/42 but i when i drove on a 300mile trip for weekend away it went up to around 44/45.
part from the mpg im loving the peugeot! will post a few pics up another night as havent got time atm.

also what difference does the snow button next to the gear stick make?

looking forward to any meets or what not you guys do havent looked if you do any yet lol any info about 308 troubles or etc much apprieciated!

crispy.
Welcome aboard to the GT club, nice motor.

Is it the GT or GT Line, either way, both lovely.

Is yours the petrol or diesel? Only ask as if it's the petrol GT then it's manual only and you mention auto, has me thinking you have the automatic? In which case it'd be the diesel GT?

Confused, me too :-)

I have the GT 180 diesel, great motor, got a best of 65mpg recently and long term average over nearly 10k miles is hovering around 51mpg.

No rattles and going strong, tempted to get the chip express box that pushes the car up to 240bhp and 404flbt!!!!

Enjoy your motor.
telboygt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-15, 06:13 PM   #3
Inactive User

Yeah its a diesel gt 200hp one . Done 14k miles as was dealer sales manager car, has the documents in the boot where it got ferryied over from france lol.

Old 06-11-15, 08:22 PM   #4

Welcome Crispy to the GT Club,

I picked up my GT 180 diesel on Wednesday after a four month wait. Absolutely loving it. Its such a great car.my mpg is high 40's at the moment but it only has 160 miles on it! Hoping it will improve as I'm still running it in gently too.

Enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RichieJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-15, 09:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboygt View Post
Welcome aboard to the GT club, nice motor.

Is it the GT or GT Line, either way, both lovely.

Is yours the petrol or diesel? Only ask as if it's the petrol GT then it's manual only and you mention auto, has me thinking you have the automatic? In which case it'd be the diesel GT?

Confused, me too :-)

I have the GT 180 diesel, great motor, got a best of 65mpg recently and long term average over nearly 10k miles is hovering around 51mpg.

No rattles and going strong, tempted to get the chip express box that pushes the car up to 240bhp and 404flbt!!!!

Enjoy your motor.
I looked for tuning boxes when I got mine. I couldn't find any. I've never done a tuning box but tempted. I found on the web there are quite a few now available. I'm looking for performance not too worried about economy. Do these boxes just boost the pressure on the rail? As I understand quite a few do this and it can damage the rail with too much pressure.

Anyone else added a tuning box?
Old 07-11-15, 01:58 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShereKhan View Post
I looked for tuning boxes when I got mine. I couldn't find any. I've never done a tuning box but tempted. I found on the web there are quite a few now available. I'm looking for performance not too worried about economy. Do these boxes just boost the pressure on the rail? As I understand quite a few do this and it can damage the rail with too much pressure.

Anyone else added a tuning box?
Only ever had remaps rather than the add on boxes which have always proved better in properly mapping the ecu rather than tricking it like some of the boxes do. I have heard of many good and bad stories on the boxes with some lasting forever and others going pop. My car has just over 10k miles on the clock and I've already achieved a gps verified 0-60 dash of 7.5 on stock ecu so pleased with that. It's a lot quicker than Peugeot claim that's for sure and in gear performance is even more impressive, I guess only 1.3tonnes and 300flbt accounts for a lot.

Chip express have the most potent map with just under 240bhp and 404flbt on max setting so that would make for interesting and very quick progress!! I think you'd find it would also do very well mpg wise.

I'm happy at the moment and may wait a little while although the above numbers are really tempting so might go for one soon.
ShereKhan likes this.
Old 07-11-15, 01:59 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
Yeah its a diesel gt 200hp one . Done 14k miles as was dealer sales manager car, has the documents in the boot where it got ferryied over from france lol.

I think you'll find quoted power is 180 although recent gps 0-60 sprints I've done certainly lean more towards a 200bhp car!!
Old 07-11-15, 02:35 PM   #8
Inactive User

No they do a 180bhp and 200bhp versions surely?
Old 07-11-15, 02:38 PM   #9
Inactive User

I stand corrected yeah 180 sorry dont know why i said 200 lol
Old 07-11-15, 03:08 PM   #10

Not all tuning boxes are equal. The cheaper ones in the range (which aren't exactly what I'd call cheap) simply plug into the fuel rail pressure sensor whereas the dearest apparently also connect to the ecu to get/intercept information from various sensors but these cost as much as (if not more than) a proper remap. The advantage of a box is that you can remove it if needs be to bring it back to stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in