308 Engine problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-17, 05:28 PM   #1

Default 308 Engine problems

I think the hot weather has started to cause some problems to my car

I have been having the 'Depolution system faulty' message coming up intermittently and then disappearing. Having read the code, it pointed to the downstreram oxy sensor fault. But couldn't be bothered to get it replaced specially as Peug wanted a lot for one!

Anyway, was driving the other day, and suddenly the dash started to beep at me a few times straight one after the other with the messges:

1) Engine Management System Faulty
2) Depolution System Faulty
3) Airbag pretensioner faulty.

So read the codes and this is the list of codes I could see using the diagbox:

ECU Codes:
1) P0693 - Control of the mian fan assembly slow speed ( Fan Assembly 2)
2) P0054 : Downstream Oxy sensor resitance Failure
3) P2603 : ( Electric) Turbo aditional Coolant pump Control Fault
4) P0691 : Fault in the high speed control of the main fan assembly ( Fan Assembly 1)

Airbag Codes:

1) D607 : Fault left side air bag ignition module fault - This fault also applies to the left hand side curtain airbag

So decided finally enough is enough. Bought a universal lambda sensor ( downstream ) and fitted that and got rid of the second fault

Then looked in the engine fuses and fuse #21 ( 5A) had blow. This is the fuse for supply to the relay for the fans.

So thought great. should all work now.

Started the car and the fault is still there. Also noticed the aircon doesn't blow cold air as obviously the fast fan is not working.

Doing an actuator test on both fans, neither seems to kick in and work. Comes up with the message 'Short to Earth' on the display after the test.

The car doesn't overheat and when driving it is sitting on 75' and sometimes when going slow it creeps up to 90 which used to be the norm when everything was working correctly.

As for the airbag, this seems to be an intermittent fault as it comes and goes. Gonna look under the passenger seat as there is a connection there and maybe kids have been kicking and something has come lose. Failing that need to find where the connections for the curtain airbag is.

Any ideas what I need to look for to get the fans working? Where does the connection to the fans go so that I can see if it is the fan that has failed or something else? But the fact that both fans coming up with errors at the same time, seems highly unlikely.

it would also be good to perhaps know where the relay for the 2 fans are rolcated.

Car is a 2008 308 GT175

Depolution systtem faulty has now gone, but the engine management system faulty is still there. I assume this is just generic to say there is something wrong. There is no ECU light on anymore as the depolution system fault has gone.

The light does come on and stay on when car is not started and ignition on. As soon as car started, it goes out after a few seconds.
nariman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-17, 05:55 PM   #2

On another inspection, the fuse that I have replaced has blown again. so it seems that there is either a problem with the fan ( Is it only a single fan or are there 2 fans? ) or the fan control unit ( 1267.J6)

Anyone know where the relay for the fan is as can't see it in the manual, only the fuse box.
Old 01-06-17, 06:18 PM   #3

Don't know if the 308 has the fan relays as did the 307. There is apparently a radiator cooling fan resistor close to the fan with two connectors plogged into it which sits behind a removable plastic cover which could be part of the problem. It seems like the front bumper and plastic impact absorber need to come off to access it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-17, 10:21 PM   #4

Yeah, I think I have seen something to do with 207 fan and they have the relay module there too.

Was hoping didn't have to take from bumper off

Have to have a look as it is doing my head in and also not good for the car I guess as the car could overheat?
Old 03-06-17, 04:12 PM   #5

Oh well, the car broke down yesterday on M25. As soon as I started to sit in the traffic, I watched the temp gauge and it started to creep past 90. As soon as it went past 90, straight pulled on the hard shoulder and by then it was almost hitting the red. Turned off and rang the recovery.

Ordered the fan relay on Thursday in anticipation to fix the issue today, but the car decided to let me down

Replaced the relay, and all faults now cleared apart from the intermittent seatbelt tensioner fault. Need to find where the curtain airbag connector is. Any idea?
Old 03-06-17, 06:55 PM   #6

curtain airbag connectors are usually in the rear pillar you will probably need some trim removed to get at the connection
Old 06-06-17, 08:20 AM   #7

By rear pillar do you mean the pillar at the back of the passenger seats? Or do pillar between the from and rear door?
Old 15-06-17, 06:36 PM   #8

OMG, I am so annoyed with this car now.

The airbag seems an intermittent fault. One day it is there one day it is not. Car is due MOT and not sure if it fails if the warning comes on?

I have removed and reconnected all the connectors from under the passenger seat.

Read the code with Diagbox and it says it is the passenger side.

Removed and reconnected the pre tensioner on passenger side. Still the same
Got one from scrap yard and tried, still the same.

Cleared the code with Diagbox but the code immediately comes back on.

Only thing I haven't managed to get to the passenger side curtain airbag yet.

I also tried to turn off the curtain airbag from the ECU to see if it would remove the fault, but then it brings up a new code !

oh I hate electronic faults.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in