308 e-hdi Pinking? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-19, 04:33 PM   #1

Default 308 e-hdi Pinking?

I have a 2012 308 e-hdi and was looking for some advice before traveling 120 miles to my nearest peugeot garage.

Over the last week my car has started to pink on light acceleration as you take up the cluch and give a little throttle, More noticable in first but you can still hear it going up the gears.

I've never heard a diesel pink before just back in the day when your timing was off.

Any info would be much appreciated and as to whether the car is still safe to use in the meantime as i would'nt want it to give up on me

Regards

James M
James M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-19, 08:50 AM   #2

Well the Peugeot dealer has not been helpfull either. Should of gone with my first choice of the focus
James M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-09-19, 08:26 PM   #3

I have also noticed pinking with a cold engine on light throttle which seems to go away as the engine warms. In fact I searched for the specific causes and any required rectification but none evident thus far.

From other non-Peugeot sites I've read about potential worm injectors causing this effect.

My car 2013 308SW 1.6 e-HDI 115,000 miles

I would be happy to hear from others please..
Torque69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by James M View Post
Well the Peugeot dealer has not been helpfull either. Should of gone with my first choice of the focus
And if you had gone for a TDCI it would have had the same engine and possibly same level of dealer support.

When was fuel filter changed and have you tried a dose of fuel injector cleaner.

If it's doing it more when cold it could just be normal diesel knock which you can hear more due to slower ignition of pre injection (anti knock) with a colder engine due to poor fuel atomisation from injectors.

You normally get a similar noise even with a good engine when you rev above 3500 ish rpm as there is no longer any time for pre injection to reduce noise/knock

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in