308 e-hdi EGR - MPG (sorry!) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-13, 03:07 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 e-hdi EGR - MPG (sorry!)

Hi all, my missus does school journeys 90% of the time.

She just sold her 10 year old diesel Citroen C3, 50+mpg every time no problem.

We spent ages looking for a similar car and fuel economy was number one priority. Also, she wanted an automatic. The EGC automatic claims the same MPG as the manual and the figures looked great on paper.

She spent 8500 on a 2011 308 eHdi and geniunely is a very slow/careful driver. The car returns 47mpg which is 3-5Mpg less than her 2k car she just sold. It's gone through three tanks of fuel and we have manually measured and this is accurate.

I am slightly perplexed and concerned to be honest. We spent the extra 1500 for the 'e-hdi' model due to the claims of the high MPG (even whilst town driving). We expected 55+ at the absolute least. Even my old Picassos used to get 50+ every time (and sold them for 1000).

The hype of the e-hdi engine has failed to deliver even remotely close to the claims, but to make it WORSE than most 10 year old diesel cars seem odd to me. Could it be the EGC gearbox?

Any help greatly appreciated.
puggylogic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-13, 03:23 PM   #2
davidireland

Make sure all engine ecu and gearbox ecus are up to date. Manufacturers mpg figures to be taken with a pinch of salt. Wouldn't compare to them at all.
Is the car serviced on time every 12500k? What mileage have you?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-13, 06:00 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Make sure all engine ecu and gearbox ecus are up to date. Manufacturers mpg figures to be taken with a pinch of salt. Wouldn't compare to them at all.
Is the car serviced on time every 12500k? What mileage have you?

Thanks. Car has done just 16k miles. Whilst I appreciate that manufactures MPG's will be innacurate, I don't see how all our other cars which were 12 years old (with 120k miles!!) did 50mpg+ easily, whereas the 15k e-hdi engined car does much less but is supposed to be one of the most economical engines.

How would I go about getting the ECU numbers? I have a code reader (software + USB lead). Thanks
puggylogic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-13, 06:01 PM   #4
davidireland

Your car is under warranty. Book with a dealer and.get them to check.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in