308 CC water temp unstable - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-16, 05:47 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 CC water temp unstable

Hi, I have a 308 CC - 1.6THP 156 6EAT in Singapore.

Its a used vehicle, bought at age 3, now almost 4. current mileage 70K kms.

I use OBD to monitor the water temp regularly and find it pretty erratic, however, there were not instances of any error codes.

Symptoms - right after warming up, its usually 90+ deg C. This temp is normal and consistent when I had a 2010 Citroen Grand Picasso. Rarely it will cross 100 unless hard driving.

For this 308CC, I have had it showing 80+ and 100+, its properly warmed up and normally city and highway driving. The temp is consistent at the 80+ or 100+ without much deviation or going to 90+ during the journey.

Does anyone know if its the thermostat having an issue? or the temp sensor is acting up? or otherwise?

I don't rely on the analogue temp display as it always shows 90. Haha.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
Sam

Last edited by wildfaye29; 06-04-16 at 05:48 AM. Reason: add info
wildfaye29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-16, 07:02 AM   #2

It could be that the cooling system is working efficiently?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-16, 08:30 AM   #3
Inactive User

90+ was a mental note based on the ex-Grand Picasso

For the 308CC, I can start the car from cold, drive and warm up to 80+ and it can stay at 80+ throughout the journey.

It may also spike to high 90s and lower 100s for the same type of driving situation and maintain this temp throughout the journey.

Both types of temps, 80+ and 100+ have been noted in my similar driving situations. Of course, the regular 90+ too.

Its pretty strange isn't it? Shouldn't it be similar on a daily basis, given the same driving situations?

hmm...

Old 06-04-16, 08:44 AM   #4

The temperature can fluctuate, it's quite normal. If you were starting the car and it was instantly showing as 100+, or you'd been driving for ages and it was still showing as cold, then I'd be concerned.

If possible, plug the car into Peugeot Planet - it'll give you temperature variables and show up any errors the ECU is picking up on (might not always show up on the car displays).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-07-16, 11:08 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymarsbar View Post
The temperature can fluctuate, it's quite normal. If you were starting the car and it was instantly showing as 100+, or you'd been driving for ages and it was still showing as cold, then I'd be concerned.

If possible, plug the car into Peugeot Planet - it'll give you temperature variables and show up any errors the ECU is picking up on (might not always show up on the car displays).
Thanks mate.

I've not had instances of errors relating to cooling issues to-date.

The fluctuating is still going on thou. Will continue to monitor. Hopefully its as what you have suggested - its working fine. ha!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in