308 cc engine swap advise - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-05-18, 01:54 PM   #1

Exclamation 308 cc engine swap advise

Hi guys, I have been reading a lot on here and this place rocks. So informative. However, I have a problem. I bought 2 car a while back on auction: A 2010 308CC THP 150 petrol and a 2007 308 Sport 150 petrol.
On delivery, the 308 CC had its EML on and I bought Lexia Peugeot Planet to diagnose it which lead me to believe it was a timing chain problem. So I purchased a new timing chain kit, everything. Long story short, I had to abandon it for some months while out of town and have run into some trouble where I believe the valves are now bent.

Is it possible to do an engine swap from the 2007 308 Sport 150 to the 308CC.
Is the ECU coded individually to the engine? Is it a straight engine swap since they are the same EP6 engines. Everything else is fine. I would like to get the 308 CC running this summer. They are both manual transmission.

Thanks
Caesard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-18, 07:30 PM   #2

If you have a complete doner then it is probably possible BUT if the sport is not a THP you would need to change the ecu with BSI keys and dash cluster as they are all integrated together.

You may then have problems with ABS not communicating ALSO the CC bsi may NEED to be a CC one due to roof control functions not sure on that one there are a lot of possible
Old 23-05-18, 10:56 AM   #3

The 308 Sport is not a THP. It's just a hatchback. I just need the bottom end of the engine. Don't wanna faff around with the ECU or any wiring. So are you saying that I need to sort out the bent valves in the 308 CC instead of doing the engine swap, even though they are theoretically identical?
Caesard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-05-18, 04:38 PM   #4

But they are not identical they are the same family of engine yes the THP engine is very different to the normal 1.6 fuel system ecu exhaust all different head will have differences too lower compression ratio etc etc
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in