308 bluetooth is it possible? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-12, 09:33 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 bluetooth is it possible?

I have a 308 se on a 58 plate and was wondering if it's possible to turn on the bluetooth? are there any additional parts that i could buy to get it working as i would really like this. thanks
jim_uk_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-03-12, 10:06 PM   #2
davidireland

Waste of time. Bluetooth ecu needed and wiring loom. Cheaper to fit an aftermarket kit.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-12, 10:08 PM   #3
Inactive User

would it be better to buy a dension thingy or would you go with a parrot kit?
thanks for the quick reply

Old 31-03-12, 10:09 PM   #4
davidireland

Parrot kits are Peugeot recommended.
Old 31-03-12, 10:14 PM   #5
Inactive User

i think i'll try fit one of those then.
just out of interest has anybody managed to get the bluetooth working and if so is it costly?
Old 08-06-12, 07:38 PM   #6

Default 308 Bluetooth

Hi,

Told by the dealer it is impossible!

Bought the ECU (not cheap) the correct plug for the ECU, the appropriate contacts for the plug and the mike. Was lucky, my 08 plate had the cable running down the 'A' post fitted and after some additions to the wiring (including twisting the mike leads to form a 'twisted pair') fitted the ECU behind the radio. Also needed to add the connections the the Radio plug I think (bit hazy - it was some time ago - but if you are interested I will look for the information I have).

Then added the ECU and set the Radio to accept the input, with PP2000, and it all works - displaying on the car display. Much better than Parrot, but not easy or cheap.
JohnW5170 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-12, 04:33 PM   #7
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW5170 View Post
Hi,

Bought the ECU (not cheap) the correct plug for the ECU, the appropriate contacts for the plug and the mike. Was lucky, my 08 plate had the cable running down the 'A' post fitted and after some additions to the wiring (including twisting the mike leads to form a 'twisted pair') fitted the ECU behind the radio. Also needed to add the connections the the Radio plug I think (bit hazy - it was some time ago - but if you are interested I will look for the information I have).

Then added the ECU and set the Radio to accept the input, with PP2000, and it all works - displaying on the car display. Much better than Parrot, but not easy or cheap.
Im glad I never said it was impossible. Anything can be done with money to burnn!
Old 09-06-12, 08:39 PM   #8

Default 308 Bluetooth

Total Cost of parts - about 275 in 2010 (which included, microphone 6563HS and 10 plug housings, 6541H9, and pin connectors 6542WY for the connection to the ECU - they both come in packs of 10), plus a few lengths of wire and a bit of work (which I accept would probably make Dealer fitting uneconomic) - don't know how this compares with the Parrot.

I was even able to avoid cutting into any car wiring, because I was fitting a powered GPS mount at the same time and fitted a cable with linked Male and Female Radio plugs to enable me to pick up the power connection and CAN bus conections.

Plus, I was never completely happy with the Parrot unit in a previous car (finding somewhere convenient to put it was probably the worst problem) and using the Car Display and Steering Column controls must be easier.

Only problem I have now is getting the Rear parking Sensors to stop working when I connect a Trailer, any help gratefully received, but that is another thread...
JohnW5170 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-03-18, 03:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW5170 View Post
Hi,

WHere did you find the plug and wiring formthe bluetooth ecu?
Jevamo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-18, 05:38 PM   #10

Just do as I did and replace the Peugeot radio (RD4) with a Peugeot RD45 radio.
This model has bluetooth and USB connections for Ipods or MP3 playback.
zoomug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in