308 1.6 Hdi turbo leak - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-11, 12:34 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 1.6 Hdi turbo leak

Hi all,
Had a 308 1.6hdi sport since April last year, noticed over the last 4-5 months soot appearing round the top/side of the turbo casing, visited the dealer for a routine service and asked the question and had them look at it, they were non-commital as regards to a problem and they tightened a clamp where they thought the leak was. This didn't solve it and once again had it looked at by the dealer, also explaining that if I rev the engine with the bonnet up, you can see soot blow from the turbo into the air. they had it back and had another look, after a month the soot is settling on more and more of the engine. It bothers me, should I be worried? Peugoet warranty runs out soon so would like to know if i'm heading towards problems.https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...s/confused.gif

BTW the car pulls well.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance
lobatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-10-11, 10:57 PM   #2
Rib
Inactive User

My 2005 307 110 fap is leaking where the varible vane actuator shaft goes into the turbo, so far it has not got ant worse in ages, But if it fails it is a min 500 for new turbo. So my advice is to get it replaced ASAP under waranty as they will not want to know you when warranty expires. Go to different dealer if necessary
lobatt likes this.
Rib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-10-11, 11:54 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the advice Rib, 3 times at least they have looked at it now, along with a few other problems, they're just paying me lip service I think, will go to another dealer, let them look at it.

Could this be true about warranty repairs, especially those that may take a few hours, are they avoided by dealers if possible. Consider this: If for example Joe public pays for a repair, they are charged around 75 an hour, but if the garage has to claim from Peugeot for a warranty repair, I suspect Peugeot dictates how much the dealer will be paid for a particular job, I bet it's nowhere near 75 an hour and it will take weeks for the payment to come through whereas the punter has to pay immediately and at top whack.

Someone shoot me down if they want, it's just a hypothesis but I can't see another reason for this, I bet they will love to look at any problems I bring them when the warranty expires.

Rant over.

Thanks

Old 20-10-11, 05:45 PM   #4
chopper1192

The dealers don't decide. They enter the date, miuleage, VIN into the online warranty thing on Pinley Houses' warranty admin department, select 1 of hundreds of click boxes from various drop down menus to describe the fault, and in most case get an almost immediate decision.

The dealers service department make most of their profit from warranty work, which is invariably paid on time and in full. If there's any way they could make something shady look like something warranty, they'll have your fingers off cos it's easy coin. however, if it's the other way round there's no way they will do the job if Pinley House haven't agreed to pay for it. They're a business, not a charidee.

If the dealer say's it's not warranty, you can be 99% sure they're being correct and truthful. It's not in their financial interest to turn you away if it is covered.

Last edited by chopper1192; 20-10-11 at 05:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-10-11, 06:12 PM   #5
Inactive User

003.jpg

002.jpgInteresting comments, although they haven't turned me away, they have had the vehicle in and are not doing anything tangible (curing the leak). On the first attempt they told me they had tightened a clip/clamp, but that didn't work.

Last edited by lobatt; 20-10-11 at 09:46 PM.
Old 20-10-11, 08:15 PM   #6
davidireland

New clamp needed. Tell them there is an info flash on the problem!
chopper1192 and lobatt like this.
Old 20-10-11, 09:45 PM   #7
Inactive User

Hi davidireland, can I ask what an info flash is, could you elaborate.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20-10-11, 09:49 PM   #8
chopper1192

It's a kind of mini service bulletin.
lobatt likes this.
Old 20-10-11, 10:33 PM   #9
Inactive User

http://philstorage.info/downloads/FA...rbocharger.pdf
lobatt likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-11, 11:58 PM   #10
Inactive User

Booked in for tomorrow 04/11, they have only promised to look at the leak, not fix it though, will have to see what they say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in