308 1.6 hdi non starting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-05-16, 02:46 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 308 1.6 hdi non starting

Hi all just bought the missus a 308 1.6 hdi ( 90 ) off my dads next door neighbour. It has always been a bad started for him, he had it at a garage who checked the injectors and fuel pressure sensor, all ok, changed the fuel filter and still struggled to start when cold, but once warmed up would start ok. apparantly they changed the tank and it started straight away just to test it.

He got it back from the garage and it has been parked up since ( about 4-5 months ) due to him having a work car.

I went over today knowing the battery would be flat so took over my spare bosch s4 battery, only a few month old so know its good. tried to prime the bulb then start it but wont fire, will turn over though. Even tried it with easy start, will run on easy start but soon as I stop spraying it dies. the rev counter stops working after a few seconds and nothing is on the display at this point.

When you first get it and turn the ignition on it says economy mode active on the display, then the display goes off after about 10-15 seconds, there is a an exclimation mark inside a triangle on clocks and the eml is on.

I'm thinking the car has forgot the keys or something with battery being flat for so long as central locking wont work either with remote or key in the lock. The electric windows wont go up or down either

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by krazylegz; 14-05-16 at 02:54 PM.
krazylegz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-05-16, 03:26 PM   #2

Probably a long shot but have you tried a BSI reset?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
CircuitMonke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-05-16, 03:38 PM   #3
Inactive User

no mate how would you do that?

I seen one on google saying window needs to be down for it and mine wont go down

Old 14-05-16, 03:42 PM   #4

You sure the battery is sufficiently charged, if economy mode comes on that quickly it suggests perhaps it's not

Old 14-05-16, 03:44 PM   #5

And yes, the window needs to be down, I'm on my phone ATM, but there is a pretty good sticky on the forum somewhere detailing how to perform a BSI reset it you hunt around (in the technical section iirc)

Old 14-05-16, 04:01 PM   #6
Inactive User

Yeah thats the one I seen, cheers.

since the window wont come down guess I'll have to try it tomorrow when my dad is here so I can sit in car and he can disconnect and reconnect battery for me
Old 14-05-16, 04:48 PM   #7

After trying to start turn off leave key in and open drivers door, does it beep to say key is still in
Old 14-05-16, 05:27 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
After trying to start turn off leave key in and open drivers door, does it beep to say key is still in

Cheers mate I'll have to try this tomorrow as car is still over at mam and dad's and I'm at home with kids now.

From what I can remember it didn't beep to say key was in. Would that be a bad thing?
Old 15-05-16, 02:08 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
Hi mate just a update, I got it out of economy mode now, Windows go down now and radio works but it doesn't beep when I turn ignition off and leave key in when opening the door. Remote central locking isn't working either so guess it's related.

Went to try the batter out of my 307 but they are different sizes. Since there's no immobilizer chip in these keys take they need a working battery in there?
Old 15-05-16, 06:26 PM   #10

Sounds like bsi has lost it settings. Does the wipers lights and indicators work
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in