|Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise|
|09-01-19, 09:19 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2019
308 08 1.6 hdi several oil leak issues
this post is to try help me understand what to fix as i am no mechanic but really facing learning how there is to much material online its confusing me.
I am trying to solve my oil leak problems its not excessive but its there and now starting to blow out blue/white smoke out the exhaust on high rev gear change. this was getting back but did a general service and has reduced.
The car 308 08 1.6 hd 157000 miles i have owned the car for 1 year.
Did a general service black oil and filters black but not sludgy. trimming belt etc.. and egr 10000 miles ago. no performance issues the car has lost 1/4 of oil in one year with 12 000 miles in that year.
1. Noticed large amounts of oil in breather pipe connected to rocker cover ( white pipe ) and then into the turbo. the two doser pipes into the air inter cooler has signs of oil blow out so i cleaned and tightened.
side note : i changed the seal on the white pipe to rocker cover so thats good now and looked at the condition of the membrane inside the rocker cover and its worn but not ripped. HOW ever i did notice a small crack inside the rocker cover about a 1cm long but the crack does not seem to leak onto the engine outside so it must be cracked from top down into crack shaft ** is this bad or alright to leave*
the injectors have no oil around them but is very small amount of grease on rocker cover odd i dunno where its from
2. under the car by the sump around the catalyst side it was caked with dry oil.
3. where the turbo goes into the big cylinder ( dpf ) then into the catalyst converter ( fap?) this catalyst is cover in oil ( not my car but as ref )
4. The mechanic who did my timing belt suggested i change the "turbo oil seals ". Not sure were these are guessing hes saying the oil feed and return lines the copper seals? also said i need to clean out the inter cooler.
5. anyone know how hard it is to clean and remove the inter cooler ? tutorial / vids?
any help would be appreciated
Last edited by stephenp308; 09-01-19 at 09:31 AM.
|10-01-19, 06:47 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2012
Make sure the oil isnít over full
Most of what the mechanic says is normally whatís done if itís had turbo failure
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peugeot 307 2.0hdi 110bhp Peugeot 308 1.6hdi110bhp