2010 Petrol 1.6l Noisy fan - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By windy1603

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-18, 02:05 PM   #1

Default 2010 Petrol 1.6l Noisy fan

hi,
recently bought a used Peugeot through a dealer, it's Peugeot 308, 1.6l Petrol 2010 registered.
however of late, i noticed that the fan is coming on all the time. Even in the cold morning days, fan continues to make noise until the engine is stopped at which point fan promptly stops.
Engine temperature never exceeds 90 though. CHecked the radiator fluid levels which are fine too.
Just this noisy fan is irritating.
Been to a local dealer who palmed me off 110 to replace a temperature sensor that did not help resolve the issue.

Then took it back to the garage who checked on the fuse box with a tester and it started to glow.....not sure whatever it means.
Also, the mechanic disconnected the connection between battery and fan and fan did not stop, mechanic thinks it should stop if it were a temp sensor error. Mechanic now says may be a corrupt ECU or fuse board or something.

bit of background.Initially after the car was bought few months ago it was working fine with no fan issue. But AC was not working so took it back to the dealer.
Dealer had said the compressor was gone so he replaced the compressor AND SINCE then the fan is coming on. Dealer also said relay to AC was not workign so he said he had also replaced fuse box as well that got the AC back up and running....but the fan issue not solved. by the time the warranty offered by dealer was over and he dusted his hands off.

really annoyed as recently found a job that requires driving 50 miles a day and really want to sort this out.
any help as to what may be causing this issue would help.
if anyone gone through similar issue, please respond what helped them to get round hte issue....really have a sick feeling after going around hte garages more than half a dozen times with no fix, effort, times and monies wasted. when checked for errors no error codes were reported on onboard computer too.
appreciate the help.

Last edited by rarnold; 15-09-18 at 02:12 PM. Reason: more info
rarnold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-09-18, 03:20 PM   #2

Are you leaving the A/C or climate control on.

If a/c is on or climate control is not in eco mode the fan will run if the A/C is working to keep air flow over condenser with the faulty Compressor in the past fan would not run as A/C was non functioning
rarnold likes this.
Old 16-09-18, 08:41 AM   #3

AC is now working but not switched on.

Old 10-10-18, 07:45 PM   #4

Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem. Bought a 2009 308 from a local dealer and the fan comes on far too often and is very loud. The car temperature doesn't go above 90 and the fan goes off about 5 seconds after the engine is turned off. I took it back to the dealer and he has supposedly changed a 'modulator' or something. I collected the car from him this afternoon but there is no improvement at all.

Have you had any luck with yours rarnold?
Ratty1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-10-18, 03:58 PM   #5

In my case the problem was identified to be caused by the after market alternator that wasn't exact fit.
I was told either new compatible alternator had to be fitted or the plug have to be made compatible with the car.
Basically, alternator sending a signal to CPU to turn on the fan.
Still have the issue on mine... Couldn't get the time to sort it out.
Please let me know what's causing issue on yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in