2010 1.6 vti petrol EP6 anti pollution - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-18, 09:00 PM   #1

Default 2010 1.6 vti petrol EP6 anti pollution

Hello, i have been fighting a battle with the anti pollution code for about 4 months now. Have put so much money into trying to get to the bottom of this fault.

Fault code p1337 misfire cylinder 1. When idling the car starts to misfire and then runs on 3 cylinders, cooling fan comes on. An intermittent fault but getting very frequent now. So far we have:
Checked all ignition coils and spark plugs all ok
2 x new soleniod valves
Checked timing
Have done compression and leak down test which were all fine.
We have narrowed it down to being a fuel injector being shut off..which is otherwise working fine. The injector itself is not faulty .

Could it be the ecu? A driver gone wrong? Have their been updates for the ecu on this car?

we also hear a popping sound from the left rear of the engine, the long term fuel trim never changes under any condition. The short term fuel trim works until the fault occurs then the ECU goes to open loop and the injector stops getting a pulse the ECU switches off the injector until u turn off and restart the engine.

Could new ecu be the answer?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-10-18, 08:21 PM   #2

Hi Gina did you end up finding the problem with your anti pollution fault? My 2009 308 doung exactly the same thing and my mechanic cannot find the fault. Replaced fuel pumps, injectors, coils cleaned engine carbon still same issue. Rgds Dan
Platinum73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-18, 09:03 PM   #3

Hello after spending hundreds more on changing fuel injectors and every sensor possible, i have had the ecu looked at and turns out its faulty... so the ecu is causing the fault. Get your ecu looked at before wasting anymore money
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-10-18, 02:28 AM   #4

I am having similar problems to this and sent off my ECU for testing.. they said today it is working perfectly! I was hoping they would say it was faulty and they'd fix it, but now I'm stumped again.. nightmare. Glad you got yours sorted.
zvba010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-10-18, 10:59 PM   #5

Thanks Gina, will definitely pass this onto the mechanic. 👍
Platinum73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in