2009 308 1.6vti throttle hesitating - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-19, 05:28 PM   #1

Default 2009 308 1.6vti throttle hesitating

Has anyone experienced slight throttle hesitancy, which is worse when cold. Its right at the first part if throttle operation, when you press it, the car hesitates then goes. Almost as if pedal not working. Can happen when engine warm but much more likely cold. Temperature gauge working fine, no engine warning lights. I haven't checked fault codes as no access to a reader. Have put cataclean through and have attempted cleaning throttle boby, but only by squirting cleaner fluid with air cleaner removed, not by removing throttle body.
mookev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-19, 04:33 PM   #2

Hello im new to the forum and fairly new to car DIY (Be gentle)

Does the car have high idle or start a bit rough? Easy things to check would be the spark plugs,ignition coils,leads,air filter + vacuum leaks

I have a 308 SE 2008 1.6VTI and have a similar issue with what i would call hesitation (im not that experienced so it could be something else)

My car sometimes starts with high idle and generally sounds a bit rough and drives a bit rough for maybe the first 30 seconds even in warm weather.it fades as the car get's warm or if i turn the ignition off then back on immediately its fine but sometimes when changing gears then re accelerating after the gear change the car sort of wobbles and throws you forward in your seat slightly.i thought at first maybe it was because its a variable time injection engine and its just giving me bit of a boost after a gear change (this is the only VTI car iv had) but iv since learnt its not normal

(Thing's iv done on the car recently that didn't make a difference )

New set of iridium bosch spark plugs
Car lube petrol treatment run through a full tank
Wynns Petrol Egr cleaner run through the air intake
New oil,engine flush and oil filter
Archoil ar6900-p max used on my last 10

The only two things iv noticed but i don't think they would have that much effect is my air filter doesn't quite fit flush so when screwed back together there is a small lip still visible and one of my ignition coil boots was corroded so im missing one

Any tips greatly appreciated
Mrkage89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-03-19, 10:32 AM   #3

Hi ya. Sounds like you've done all the right things. Mine only had new plugs just under a year ago. Hesitancy was only symptom, starting etc was fine, apart than it felt gutless on hills and needing lower gears particularly with a passenger in car. Mine hesitated again about 2 weeks ago and this time the check light came on along with depolution fault in the display. I checked fault codes found 0014, suggesting complicated or difficult to eliminate fault according to forums. I cleared the code and topped oil up, oddly needing only 300ml, so not low. Since then no hesitatancy but due to fault indicated and potential expense clearing it I have sold it and bought a fiesta. Good luck, hope you sort it.
mookev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in