1.6 hdi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidireland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-13, 11:06 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 1.6 hdi

do the egrs on these cause problems and not show a fault in planet,car has done 40,000 so would it need cleaning at that mileage,i have had a massive stutter and car held back really bad and had to put foot right down to keep it going,but after a good 5 mins cleared,have scanned with diagbox and got no codes should i carry out a actuator test on it with diagbox,even if it passes an actuator test could it still be faulty.the car is not as powerful as when i had it but has got better since i replaced the maf but not as smooth and powerful as it was almost like lack of turbo,car has just had a full peugeot service and i asked them if turbo shaft etc.. was ok and they said fine so could it be turbo electrovalve.many thanks.
shamus1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-13, 01:12 PM   #2

Turn car off , reach in beside fuel filter and disconnect egr plug , drive car to see difference , you might get fault light which can be turned off or will go off when you replug ,
i`ve seen it never showing a warning light aswell , but mines remapped out .

You can either replace , clean or remap out egr ,

car will not smoke as much and not use as much fuel without egr
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-13, 04:11 PM   #3
Inactive User

thanks mate will give it a go,its very cramped to get down the back of the engine on the 308,if i remove air ducting that goes over fuel filter will that give me enough room to disconnect egr?

Old 03-02-13, 05:03 PM   #4
davidireland

Default Re: 1.6 hdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus1 View Post
thanks mate will give it a go,its very cramped to get down the back of the engine on the 308,if i remove air ducting that goes over fuel filter will that give me enough room to disconnect egr?
Yes.

Sent from my GT-S5690
bettyswollocks likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-13, 12:23 PM   #5
Inactive User

had a go at disconnecting egr but no way could i get my hands in there,what i did notice was one of the pins in maf plug was wide so bent it a bit and plugged back in,when i went for a drive the car went like a rocket again for a while with lots of low down turbo again but was short lived,the only things i did was remove air trunking unclipping brake one way valve brake pipe of trunking and sorting the pin in maf plug which somehow made it good for a while.any ideas daveireland?
Old 04-02-13, 12:35 PM   #6

I've personally seen two 307s and two 407s with the exact same stutter.

A replacement fuel filter caused one (too ages to sort itself), the rest were all EGR related. Disconnecting the MAF cured it (bit brought on the antipollution fault) until the EGR was blanked off or disconnected.
Old 06-02-13, 12:01 PM   #7
Inactive User

have been looking today and would like some advice on the vacuum pipe that goes to turbo actuator,if mines idling and i pull pipe of then put it back on it slowly pulls the rod in have checked if the arm moves freeyly and it does,on other cars i had i.e mondeo tdci if i did the same test it would pull the arm in instantly anyone else with a 1.6 hdi like to test theirs for me,there also doesnt seem like a lot of suction from the pipe,im thinking maybe the turbo repeat sensor is not working right as if i had a leak on vacuum pipes somewhere it wouldnt correct its self for a couple of weeks and then leak again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in