wooing noise coming from engine - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-01-14, 06:52 PM   #1
Inactive User

Angry wooing noise coming from engine

Hi there im new to this forum but I would like some advice on my 307 110 hdi 2002 it's got a whirring/wooing noise coming from the engine bay it's more noticeable inside the car it's does this on idle and general driving and its bugging me its had cam belt done+water pump 10000 miles ago it's got me stumped
wreety72 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-01-14, 08:01 PM   #2

Its a ghost, haunted car.
Old 23-01-14, 04:12 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Its a ghost, haunted car.
My sides are splitting with laughter

Old 23-01-14, 07:21 AM   #4
pr1vatepiles

With the sudden rise in new members joining, demanding answers then leaving, you'll have to excuse someone making a joke every now and again. Issue has popped up many time so search function first. Failing that, check members map for nearest person with diagnostic kit who can give you a better idea of what is going on.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-14, 07:27 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1vatepiles View Post
With the sudden rise in new members joining, demanding answers then leaving, you'll have to excuse someone making a joke every now and again. Issue has popped up many time so search function first. Failing that, check members map for nearest person with diagnostic kit who can give you a better idea of what is going on.
Isn't a forum for people to share their experiences and knowledge without spending a fortune on diagnostics
Old 23-01-14, 07:35 AM   #6
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreety72 View Post
Isn't a forum for people to share their experiences and knowledge without spending a fortune on diagnostics
Most members on here charge 15-20 for a diagnostic with the proper kit. If you consider that a fortune prob best leaving now.

Many of us do share our knowledge on here, if you take a search you will undoubtedly find the solution to your current problems.

What you got to understand is that when shed loads of new people join and jump straight in asking for help, you are going to get a sarcastic response every now and again.

When i first joined, i was reading the 307 and general section for two months before even buying my 307. You quickly see what the common faults are and how to prevent/fix them yourself without asking.
Old 23-01-14, 07:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreety72 View Post
If you want us to guess what it is from a vague description without seeing or hearing it first hand for you to throw replacement parts at it then I'm happy to do that:

Replace water pump or alternator or alternator pulleys as they may all be the culprit.

That should cost you a few hundred quid and is not guaranteed to sort it.

Do you now see where we're coming from?

Now, do you want to start again, maybe with some pleases or thank you's and give something back by posting in the introductions thread and you'll get much better responses. Sorry to be blunt but you need us a lot more than we need you.

We're not paid to answer questions so there's nothing in it for us, especially as over the past month we've been flooded with new members almost demanding answers without giving anything back.

And that's precisely why I and many others left another Peugeot forum, because this one was a friendly community where people stuck around, gave something back and even signed up not asking for instant help.
Old 23-01-14, 07:57 AM   #8
pr1vatepiles

This is my final thought on what it could be...

Gibbo likes this.
Old 23-01-14, 06:33 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
If you want us to guess what it is from a vague description without seeing or hearing it first hand for you to throw replacement parts at it then I'm happy to do that:

Replace water pump or alternator or alternator pulleys as they may all be the culprit.

That should cost you a few hundred quid and is not guaranteed to sort it.

Do you now see where we're coming from?

Now, do you want to start again, maybe with some pleases or thank you's and give something back by posting in the introductions thread and you'll get much better responses. Sorry to be blunt but you need us a lot more than we need you.

We're not paid to answer questions so there's nothing in it for us, especially as over the past month we've been flooded with new members almost demanding answers without giving anything back.

And that's precisely why I and many others left another Peugeot forum, because this one was a friendly community where people stuck around, gave something back and even signed up not asking for instant help.
Well I've been on a few forums in my time but ive never been insulted by keyboard hard men if you want to take the piss arrange to meet me, and as for your assumption all have been changed so go on dickhead what else can you come up with eh naff all and before you ban me I'm deleting my profile tosser
Old 23-01-14, 07:15 PM   #10

Come round then, my contact details are pretty easy to find!
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in