where is the water coming from? please help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-13, 03:30 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default where is the water coming from? please help

I am getting a load of water on the passenger side footwell - initially there was a load of sloshing sort of in the bit that runs under the passenger door and back left hand door, so after some searching I found out that I needed to lift the car up a bit and where the seal of the car was buckled to release the water was blocked so I managed to unblock these and the water came rushing out - so, I thought, water issue fixed, but no, still the footwell is damp, not full of loads of water like it was before but water is still getting in for sure as I dry it each day and check to see if its getting wetter when it rains, which it is

I am now not sure where else to look for blocked drainage holes, I have looked on the net but there are never any pixs so dont really know what I am looking for - I have lifted the bonnet and cleaned out all the leaves etc that have gathered at the sides of the bonnet hinge thinking that they may be blocking it, on the net it mentions the scuttle, but I dont know where this is, what it looks like etc

can anyone help me please as I really dont know where to start - one thing that may be an issue is the front passenger mud flap is not on the car any more and the bit that goes over the wheel arch does not connect to the car very well where the mud flap was

Please excuse my inexperience with all of this stuff

thanks
posy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-13, 09:18 PM   #2

In front of the windscreen there is a removable grid in each side, if you remove the left you can see if the drain is clogged, the bonnet release cable runs through the cavity. If someone have put a wire in beside the cable, and the drain is clogged the water runs directly in the BSI box, and on the floor

Holt
Holt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-13, 09:05 AM   #3
COLINELLIS

Hello and welcome
The scuttle panel is the plastic piece under the windscreen where the wiper arms connect to their spindles etc. Not done a water leak on a 307 but have a look at the let off some steam post that I did about august Sept of last year some pics of the work I had to do on my mother in laws corsa that had a leak. It was due to porus sealant on a panel very labour intensive bout 8 hours plus but the car is still dry so worth it I think. Failing that get someone in the car while you run a hose outside and see if you can find where its coming in or pooling as there should be a blocked drain etc. I know rovers got an ecu fault as the area that they live fills up with water due to insufficient drainage as well. Good luck and I hope you sort out the problem.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-01-13, 11:21 AM   #4
Inactive User

thanks for your replies, its lovely and sunny today so off to pour water on my car

are there any other drainage points I need to be checking for?

thanks again
Old 13-01-13, 11:46 AM   #5

Once you have found the leak lift the carpet and rip out the sponge, then replace with ordinary carpet underlay.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-13, 04:11 PM   #6
Inactive User

well, I found a plastic trim in the drainage bit on the passenger side, it is about 10 inches long and looks like it is to channel the water from the windscreen down to the drainage bit - there is one the otherside so I have stuck it on with supa-glue - I will see what happens from there but all the drainage around the scuttle was clear so not sure if the water is coming from there, from the channel thingie I found or from somewhere else

where else do you suggest I check to ensure that all the drainage holes are clear?
Old 13-01-13, 06:53 PM   #7
COLINELLIS

Did u find any water coming inside the car when you ran a hose over it?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-13, 06:58 PM   #8

Take the door card off to see if the plastic sheet is ripped

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-13, 07:22 PM   #9
Inactive User

I didnt do the water thing as despite it being sunny, it was freezing so I left it and its raining now so I will see if it gets wet in the morning

whats the door card and how do I take it off and is the 'plastic sheet' something obvious?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in