Weird blower motor problem. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-18, 03:27 PM   #1

Default Weird blower motor problem.

I replaced the blower resistor and plug on my wife's 05 307 in the summer,
Last month she told me the fan was only working on #3 speed.
So I pulled the resistor and plug and saw a wire had been pulled out. However when I got it back together it still only worked on #3.
I checked the wiring and found I only have a power supply when the switch is in #3 position.
I understood there was a constant supply to the resistor pack fed to the blower motor, the speed set by the switch sending current through the appropriate resistor.

OK I'm baffled. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Roger.
Advertisement

Old 11-02-18, 01:30 PM   #2

Ah, this has got me thinking.

I've just posted a question about my 307 Sport which has climate control & the fan has started running at full speed only & won't turn off even when the control panel shows the no fan symbol.

Your view that there should be a constant live feed to the resistor pack may well be correct which could explain a faulty resistor pack no longer stopping the constant live from operating the fan.

Unfortunately I can't get the resistor out of it's housing so I can't do any electrical tests on it.
Caravanj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-18, 02:07 PM   #3

I fixed the problem by replacing the blower fan wiring, a self contained mini loom, and resistor. I don't know quite what was wrong in the first place, but it's fine now.
Your car has climate control, it is different to my wife's car which just has a/c.

However there are some how to's concerning your particular set up, perhaps an administrator could guide you to one?.

Roger.

Old 11-02-18, 03:03 PM   #4

Yes, climate control seems to be a mixed blessing, especially when it goes wrong.

There was one video clip on YouTube but the guy who made it never uttered a single word to say what he was doing & his phone camera was waving about so much it made me dizzy.

He meant well but it was virtually useless.

I'm in my 70's & what I could do 20 years ago I struggle do today, such as getting into the awkward positions necessary to see the actual resistor & although I can touch it I can't turn it to remove it.

Looks like being a garage job but at least I now know enough to tell them not to bother saying the dashboard needs to come out.

Lol.

Last edited by Caravanj; 11-02-18 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Add comment.
Caravanj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in