Want to buy a 307 not sure which engine/ SE version - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-17, 12:26 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Want to buy a 307 not sure which engine/ SE version

Hello

I am looking into buying a 307 SW SE with the 7 seats and panoramic sunroof. Now I know not all of them are 7 seaters so I may get the 5 if there is a good one and install the back row from ebay. I am interested in the newer shape as I hear they are of better quality from about 2005.

My first question is what difference does getting the SE over the S version, I know this means more specs but exactly what and will this include cruise control?

I am looking at the diesel models but I am unsure of which to go for, the 1.6 90HP, the 1.6 110HP or the 2.0 litre version. I think the 2.0litre has the DPF and so does the 1.6 110hp but will the 90hp still be more reliable or is it too slow.

Is there anything else I should look out for on my search?

Thank you
peugeot30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-17, 04:42 PM   #2

2 litre is best engine by far 1.6 is better on fuel but not by much and way more potential for problems.
DPF is NOT the horror story some would have you believe i have seen plenty with original DPF still working fine at 250k miles its down to understanding the system and driving the car properly.
Old 10-07-17, 05:28 PM   #3

Had a mobile mechanic come out to replace my radiator - he had a 2l diesel 90hp, his opinion was that Peugeot took a wrong turn by introducing the 110hp version - he much preferred the DW10TD. They also don't have dual mass flywheels of DPF's - so less to go wrong.

I have a DW10TD - it's pokey enough.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-17, 05:41 PM   #4

DW10 can be had in 90 and 110 hp my sons 406 is a 110 and is very reliable now on 170k miles on original clutch/flywheel but it will need doing soon

No DPF on 110 406 though only 136 got DPF
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in