Vibration under accelerator - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-19, 03:04 PM   #1

Default Vibration under accelerator

Hi again chaps. Since getting my clutch replaced at Mr Clutch I've noticed that there's a mild kind of vibration under my foot when on the accelerator during general driving. Also, my start from 1st gear is generally fine but if I pull away in 1st gear with any sort of higher revs, it vibrates quite strongly, and again it feels like it's coming from under the right foot.

I put this to Mr Clutch last week after I took the car back to them to replace a seal after they left the gearbox oil leaking. They said it wouldn't be the new clutch. The mechanic drove my car a few feet so I could get him to hear and feel it and he said it's the 'top mount' component over the shock spring.

I don't know if it is or not, but it feels to me like it's all coming directly under the accelerator. Any idea what it could be or if there's something else they've done wrong?
Advertisement

Old 29-08-19, 06:47 PM   #2

He is talking bull. Get them to investigate the clutch they have just put in.
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-08-19, 08:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbadandold View Post
He is talking bull. Get them to investigate the clutch they have just put in.?
I'm sure he is, I think they're cowboys.

What would cause it to vibrate, or I suppose shudder, with higher revs with a new clutch? What would they have not done properly when installing it to cause that to happen?

I just saw a youtube video about clutch vibration where the guy says that if the flywheel is not prepped properly and isn't perfectly smooth, it will cause vibration. Mr Clutch had refaced my flywheel. Maybe that's where the problem is?

Last edited by Merlin; 29-08-19 at 08:50 PM.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 31-08-19, 11:27 AM   #4

If I remember your initial thread he did the clutch without removing the gearbox didn't he? If so there is no way he could have refaced the flywheel in situ. Not properly anyway. He might have rubbed it with a bit of wirewool or emery paper which does not count as refacing. Needs a lathe to do that!
Old 31-08-19, 11:33 AM   #5

Or they left engine hanging for its top mount and damaged it allowing engine to move around giving vibration

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-19, 11:33 AM   #6

I had a similar problem not 10k after Mr clutch done my clutch/dmf. They took me for 1100 and It begun slipping from time to time and had a weird noise at idle after not long, I'd say do what I should've done and get them to fix it.
MightyMision is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-19, 12:25 PM   #7

I think you both should report them to the trading standards agency. As I said try and find a local independent garage who has a reputation for good work and honesty. They still do exist believe me.
Old 10-09-19, 09:32 AM   #8

Thanks for your replies guys. I just took my car this morning to a local mechanic who has done some work on it before. He put it up on the ramp and had a good look and prod around. His conclusion is that due to the car being so old, 3 rubber mounts that support the engine are perishing and the engine is moving a bit. It's like about a 400 job that I won't be having done.

So it seems there's nothing I can blame Mr Clutch for. He told me that Mr Clutch might have made it slightly worse but he said they wouldn't have been able to avoid it as they would need to drop the engine slightly when doing the clutch.

Last edited by Merlin; 10-09-19 at 09:37 AM.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-19, 03:23 PM   #9

Well there is as windy wrote the way they changed it puts a lot of strain on the forward mount and could have caused that to fail! Actually the one most likely to fail is the lower one and they do not cost a lot and are accessible. Just need to jack up the front, put some axle stands or use ramps , wriggle under and bingo! I have just looked on ebay and they are 9.11! If it still vibrates then yes the other two are a bit more involved but I think that price is taking the mick!
Old 10-09-19, 06:54 PM   #10

All the top engine mounts on a 307 are easy, you could do the pair in 30 minutes.

The lower one is a bit harder, but very possible if you're fitting a push in powerflex one.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk
Sicskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in