Vacuum leak? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-09-17, 07:56 PM   #1

Default Vacuum leak?

Hey guys. I think I have a vac leak to my egr solenoid. I'm going to do a search tomorrow but I'm just curious. How does low vacuum to the egr solenoid effect the turbo solenoid? Be interesting to know after all the work I've done on the car.
307 RHR Vnt
Advertisement

Old 18-09-17, 06:29 PM   #2

Need some help guys. I've checked all the vacuum lines. Everything is leaking vacuum except the separate feed to turbo. Both dosers and egr and purge. For some reason the dosers and feed to the vac reservoir? Are worse. I know it must be in the 3 lines together running up towards the pump as I have checked the y piece and it's fine. Any ideas? I've checked where they clip in next to the hp pump and it looks fine. Only place I haven't checked is under these collars that hold the pipes together?
Attached Thumbnails
20170918_192929_1505759397567.jpg  

Last edited by SlashProm; 18-09-17 at 06:52 PM.
SlashProm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-09-17, 07:07 PM   #3

Have you broke the pipework down into individual lengths to try and isolate a particular culprit?
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-09-17, 07:42 PM   #4

I have plugged the dosers and stuck the gauge on each feed individually. Both egr and purge and the dosers as well as the two that go into the reservoir. I realise that these systems connect but then how do I isolate each of the 3 pipes to the pump without cutting them? They don't look like they want to come off the pump inlet. Snapped my y piece trying that and replaced it.

Could I just get a part number and order the entire maze of vac lines? Is that doable or maybe replace it all with new lengths of lines?
Old 18-09-17, 07:57 PM   #5

I just replace it all with rubber hose but to be honest its nearly always the ends that are leaking where the plastic pipe changes to rubber this rubber bit cracks especially at the reservoir the reservoirs can crack too.
madbadandold likes this.
Old 19-09-17, 02:56 PM   #6

Ok. Isolated all the solenoids and there is no vac leak. I don't know why I got low feed to the egr. Unless the reservoir is restricted. I've put the turbo solenoid pipes on the right way and it's worse now. All I have done is unblock the dpf and try another boost solenoid I got from a friend. So either the dpf is still a little clogged or I have 2 duff solenoids?
Old 19-09-17, 03:09 PM   #7

A little clogged DPF will not stop boost are you sure you have good vacuum when running
Old 19-09-17, 04:00 PM   #8

I just swapped out the boost solenoid and it's a little better. Going to put a new one in tomorrow. And I tested the turbo feed at idle. Pulling 29inhg

It's either 2 lazy solenoids or bad wiring. Always feels like there's a delay between hitting the throttle and it starting to make boost. As soon as you lift off it sounds like an Sti with a dump valve. Just wish it ran like one

Ps: I keep getting high input on the solenoid circuit.

Last edited by SlashProm; 19-09-17 at 04:24 PM.
SlashProm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-09-17, 04:39 PM   #9

You mean an STI with a boy racer dump valve ALL subarus have dump valves as standard but they are proper recirculating ones not silly vent type ones

If you have good vac at turbo capsule then your problem is elsewhere as even if you had a leak 29inhg will have the capsule fully closed/open depending how you want to see it i say closed some say open !!

High input is something electrical this needs investigating

As for a delay this is pretty common on these its not a subaru as you say and even they dont boost instantly you dont get much below 2k revs on them.
Old 19-09-17, 05:51 PM   #10

Ok this might fry your head because it's definitely fried mine. If I put the vac feeds to the solenoid back to front(Watergate in top of solenoid) it will eventually throw the boost code and run a bit hotter. I assume because it's effecting the egr operation. I don't understand why though if one inlet just feeds the other. If I put them in the right way it runs cooler and no matter how hard I try it won't throw a code.

It's bucking and surging as the turbo kicks in through the revs. When I unplug my maf it stops bucking and actually seems to run a tiny tiny bit better. But it doesn't not throw a code that the maf is unplugged.

I get maf voltage low and it is always paired with iat sensor voltage high? Does this point to an electrical problem?

PS: why do my egr solenoids vent the vacuum to atmosphere when I shut the car down but the turbo one always holds It?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in