Urgent advise needed please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-12, 10:24 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Urgent advise needed please

Hi all I dropped my 307 0f this morning at rugbyís Peugeot dealers as at the weekend after I topped up with fuel I had minimum additive level which Iíve been expecting for a while as tank getting low they called me quoting £196 all in for top up and reset but 3 hours later told me after they filled with fluid fault still showing and said it may need new sensor I told him it was first time I seen message at the weekend and had a genuine low level he said they would look at it again so now Iím just waiting to see what they say!! any ideas please im i been ripped off
jozzyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-01-12, 11:32 AM   #2
Inactive User

could be blowing smoke up your ****. how much is the sensor plus fitting inc VAT?

if you want you can always deny work for the sensor and get a second opinion...even by getting the counter reset on planet yourself and checking the sensor.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-12, 11:42 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_h View Post
could be blowing smoke up your ****. how much is the sensor plus fitting inc VAT?

if you want you can always deny work for the sensor and get a second opinion...even by getting the counter reset on planet yourself and checking the sensor.
Don`t you just remove filler cap for 2 mins after reset do they no this? when he calls back i will ask if he has done this but suerly they should no how to fix issue

Old 23-01-12, 11:53 AM   #4
Inactive User

ive heard the fuel cap method but yet never come across someone who has managed it. best to use planet.

Old 23-01-12, 12:02 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_h View Post
ive heard the fuel cap method but yet never come across someone who has managed it. best to use planet.
is this the Procedure what they would do, refill with fluid,reset counter or whatever it is,then take cap of for 2 mins job done or am i getting it wrong. not sure what u mean by fuel cap method
Old 23-01-12, 01:23 PM   #6
Inactive User

Had a similar call from my garage when they did my eloys fill up. Said they had filled it up ok but couldn't reset the low level alarm/indicator and would probably need a new sensor.

They said they were waiting for one of their more experienced tech's to take a look and a couple of hours later I got a call saying that they had reset successfully.

So there is probably a knack to it which some of them figure out after doing a few of them
Old 23-01-12, 01:29 PM   #7
Stubbo

I was under the impression the additive tank had no sensor, the car simply gets told when its full via planet then figures out how much its using?

I also recall somewhere that once topped up and counters reset you have to put more fuel in, although that one could have just been a wild idea!
jmkent likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-12, 01:33 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozzyman View Post
is this the Procedure what they would do, refill with fluid,reset counter or whatever it is,then take cap of for 2 mins job done or am i getting it wrong. not sure what u mean by fuel cap method
sorry i assumed you meant the fuel cap, when you said filler cap. there is some people out there who say remove fuel cap and do something to reset the counter.

but from what i understand they fill the additive tank, hook the computer up to the ecu and reset the counter as there isnt a sensor in the tank...just a counter that the ecu calculates how much additive has been used, for example:

1. you fill tank to brim.
2. ecu calculates fuel added from last known amount to new amount.
3. ecu adds x amount of additive to fuel
4. ecu removes x amount from additive left (y).
5. when additive counter gets to y amount, show error.

EDIT: just wrote this before i seen Stubbos comment

Old 23-01-12, 01:55 PM   #9
Inactive User

just picked car i was told need tank of a cost of 250 i asked if he took fuel cap of he said no so after work i will top up with disel and leave cap for few mins and see whats happens wish me luck o yeah when i picked car i said whats the damage £196 he said he managed to get it down a bit i to £104 whast the f**k 3 litres of fluid and reset for this price so touch wood the fuel cap resets it will let you all no
Old 23-01-12, 04:18 PM   #10
Inactive User

I reset the eloys counter on my 307 a few days ago and the Peugeot Planet software showed a message saying that within 1 minute of doing the reset I should remove the petrol cap for at least 5 seconds. The reset was successful.
dackjaniels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in