Turbo Blown - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-14, 06:56 PM   #1

Default Turbo Blown

Hi on my way to a weekend away with the misses the car turbo went, its in a garage at them moment, but wont be looked at for a while. Does anyone know how to find out the make and model number of the turbo from the car VIN? ive looked on servicebox but there is NO information on it
rlatarche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-14, 07:07 PM   #2

what kind of 307 have you 2.0 or 1.6 or 1.4 HDi

what happen to make the turbo go on yours lots of smoke or no power?
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-14, 07:39 PM   #3

mines a 2.0l 110hdi RHS DW10ATED engine. luckily the turbo still spins just oil shooting out the exhaust. RAC had a quick look at it and said that there was only movement in and out on the shaft not around if that makes sense. i.e. it hadn't destroyed itself fully just failed enough to let oil enter the exhaust side. Been looking into sites etc and none find the RHS engine for a 2002 307 SW 2.0 100 HDi, funnily they only find that engine code for a 406. Mine was one of the first 307 SW to come off of the production line so it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped a 406 engine into it.

Old 03-02-14, 06:26 AM   #4

mines a 2002 as well the RHS engines are not hard to find, I can give you the part number on the turbo if you wish as they are all the same on the 110 RHS
you cant use a 90bhp due to the fact the waste gate is not controlled by the ECU

ive never seen a turbo fail on these as they are pretty solid is always the boost control valve that gives the issues,

you will need to strip the turbo and all the boost hoses and intercooler and clean them before you install another turbo as well as try and clean the exhaust
Old 03-02-14, 06:35 AM   #5

hi cmax 307, yes please if you can give me the turbo number that would be great so I can start to look at sourcing one. How do you go about cleaning the exhaust? mine is the fully welded CAT and DPF so that's going to be fun. Oil was also in the intercooler pipe an intercooler so I presume ths will need flushing and drying too. Anything else I need to be aware of?
Old 03-02-14, 09:47 AM   #6

if you remove the exhaust and the DPF filter you can use a pressure washer and some degreaser that will remove the oil if all goes well, now as for the oil in there intercooler i would just use some petrol and let it soak in the intercooler then rinse it out and that will get most of it out as well

heres the part number of mine 53041015096
CITROEN C5 2.0 HDI TURBOCHARGER TURBO 53041015096 | eBay
Old 03-02-14, 07:43 PM   #7

Thanks for that, your right the part number matches but can anyone explain the other numbers and why they are different. The numbers on the plate match nothing. I.e K03-403.550 and K03-057 EA5036957 I can find plenty of turbo with 5304-101-5096 on the case casting, but the other numbers are totally different.
Old 03-02-14, 09:15 PM   #8

K03 means its a KKK turbo they are common on 110 engines 406 or c5 ones will fit but the exhaust fitting flanges change to suit fitment.

The other numbers do not need to match as long as it is a K03 from a 110 it will fit

Garrett one will fit too but only if you change inlet and outlet oil pipes and some other parts.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-14, 11:02 PM   #9

thanks, thought that was the case just wasn't sure. I've ordered the one suggested by Cmax, hopefully get it fitted later this week and the rest of the system cleaned out.
Old 06-02-14, 09:16 PM   #10

So Ive had a new turbo fitted however the following is now coming up, ECU FAULT CODE P0246 Permanent Fault Turbo Pressure too low. When I query it with PP2000, I find that the turbo pressure measures 1506 when the turbo pressure reference value is 2000mbars at the time the fault is generated. The EGR solenoid valve OCR is at 88%, when this fault occurs the ANTIPOLLUTION FAULT appears and the EGR solenoid valve OCR turns down to 10%. Whilst driving the EGR never changes from 88% and when the engine is at rest and in neutral the turbo pressure measured is the same as the atmospheric pressure when it is expecting 1129mbars (965mbars atmospheric) anyone have any ideas.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in