Trickle Charger - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-14, 09:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Trickle Charger

1.6HDI 54 Plate pre-facelift. Car intermittently not getting used and also generally not getting used as much.

Can I use a trickle/maintenance charger connected directly to the battery whilst in situ??

I do it for my bike which has a Hella (BMW type) plug socket. Plug it in and forget about it. CTEK battery charger/maintainer one of my best investments. It's currently conditioning my mates dead battery as his car is SORN due to back injury.

Advisable or not - suggestions welcome.
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-14, 04:21 AM   #2
Inactive User

very good idea. Your car battery will appreciate it just as well as the battery on your bike. Even if you can recondition a empty battery it will loose some life from it. If its charged it will last longer.
gondor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-14, 10:07 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

What I need to know is can I do this without having to disconnect? IE, the battery in situ with the the car terminals still connected but the vehicle shutdown. ie. locked and left for a while until the BSI has shut down?

I've done it with old vehicles but they had less sensetive electronics.

Thanks

Steve
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-01-14, 05:32 PM   #4

They sold a great XS trickle charger in ALDI late last year for less that 15.00 and it has all the features of units 3x the price (keeps my RGV battery charged). If you are lucky you may still find one in your local store
Old 24-01-14, 01:01 PM   #5
Inactive User

I would say its like charging your phone while its on. I just googled ctek charger and found that one of their sales arguments where very low voltage ripple saving the electronics.
gondor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in