Thank You to fellow member - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-01-14, 03:03 PM   #1
Inactive User

Smile Thank You to fellow member

Just wanted to thank fellow member ECCLES who was very helpful today when I visited him for him to put PP2000 on my 307.

When we looked into the abs fault, it listed 3 counts of abs sensor coherence fault and 1 count of permanant fault wiring short to battery earth or battery positive, all from the o/s/r wheel speed sensor.

We went on to try and run live data to see what sensors were giving what info, but the o/s/r sensor said we were traveling at 655kph while parked and stationary!!

Well now I know it must be a loom fault as the rear sensor has been replaced.

Eccles also checked for all other faults in all other systems and none were found, he also changed my service interval mileage from 5200 miles to 10000 for me. This has helped as I no longer have to track the mileage left until service, so I can reset it at the correct mileage so that I actually service it at the right time. I know it should be 12k miles but early servicing is never going to hurt it now is it??

Many Thanks to him for his help today, it was much appreciated.
!!

Cheers 307dan
307dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-01-14, 03:58 PM   #2

No problem at all, glad I could help. If I hadn't lost my multi meter we may have been able to narrow down the problem even further! Hope you can get it sorted without having to take the whole car apart!
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-01-14, 05:11 PM   #3

I had a fault with my own rear abs sensor came up one day abs esp fault checked on planet and live data says the same as yours 655kph well I checked the loom and there it was very badly corroded wire on one of the wires so I cut and soldered it and put some heat shrink and she was 100%
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-01-14, 12:50 PM   #4
Inactive User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
I had a fault with my own rear abs sensor came up one day abs esp fault checked on planet and live data says the same as yours 655kph well I checked the loom and there it was very badly corroded wire on one of the wires so I cut and soldered it and put some heat shrink and she was 100%

Cmax, where about's was the broken/corroded wire under/on the vehicle??

I'm looking to see if there is a common point where they suffer with wiring damage and corrosion to save tearing the car to bits trying to find a needle in a hay stack!!!

Once I find it I will chop it out/repair it as necessary!!

Cheers
307dan
307dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in