Steering column indicator switch stalk replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-03-19, 02:05 PM   #1

Default Steering column indicator switch stalk replacement

Hi guys. I'm aware that the 307 had a known issue with the indicator stalks. Mine has now got to the point where the left indicator comes on by itself almost all the time, without even clicking it down into position. It seems particularly dependent on the position of the steering wheel or even just going over a slight bump in the road. Just the minutest touch of the stalk without pushing it down will set it off. So it needs replacing as I doubt it can be fixed?

I'm trying to find the correct part for my car. I've called Europarts and I've called Robins & Day who can't help me, plus they only sell complete 200+ units.

I went to my mechanic yesterday and showed him one I saw on ebay for 25, a new one, but obviously not original Peugeot part. I did the compatibility check for my car and it says "This item fits 1 version(s) of the Peugeot 307 2001 3A/C [2000-2016] Hatchback 2.0 HDI 90 Hatchback 1997ccm 90HP 66KW (Diesel)". So it would seem to be compatible. At first he thought it could be fitted without removing the steering wheel, but then he saw a photo on the ebay part which looks like it will need to be removed? He was also concerned about it having a ribbon connector.

So I found one with a ribbon connector and one without. Compatibility check says they're both compatible, but how do I know which to buy, i.e, if mine is ribbon connector or not?

Manufacturer Part Number:
SW-COM-0014--14

Remarks:
Only for DAV COM2000 models See sample photo
Version with plug connection
Not suitable for models with ribbon cable

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEERING-...64c1e69515f380

Manufacturer Part Number: SW-COM-0013--14
with ribbon
Remarks:
Only for Delphi models See sample photo | Version with ribbon cable Not suitable for models with connectorless

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEERING-...2B7C%2F8SPsY8E

There's also another one with a COM2005, also ribbon, also says compatible for my model, product number
SW-COM-0013-001--14

Last edited by Merlin; 26-03-19 at 04:17 PM.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-03-19, 06:57 PM   #2

ANY comm 2000 fits just match the FUNCTIONS the part numbers are all interchangeable as long as all the functions match you can even UPGRADE by fitting a fancier one in certain models !

There are posts explaining it in great detail on the forum already

Comm 2005 is NOT a comm2000

Last edited by reliable406; 26-03-19 at 07:00 PM.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-03-19, 07:16 PM   #3

Thanks reliable406! I did a quick search earlier for 'indicator stalk' but didn't find much, but I probably didn't search hard enough.

Anyway, that's good news. To clarify, com 2000 in my ebay links is the one without the ribbon connector, so from what you're saying, I should get that one.

Photo of mine below.

It looks the same as this ebay one,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEERING-...64c1e69515f380

just with a couple markings less than the ebay one. So, ok to go ahead and buy it? And will the steering wheel have to be removed to fit it?
Attached Thumbnails
20190326_190526.jpg  

Old 27-03-19, 02:19 PM   #4

reliable406, apologies for making a mountain out of this. I wonder if I can trouble you to clarify this for me.

Because my indicator stalk has a couple less markings on it (one arrow less, one light icon less and the word 'auto' at the end of the stalk) than the ebay one I linked, does that mean it doesn't match the functions and I shouldn't buy it or would it still work ok?
Old 27-03-19, 07:33 PM   #5

It will work some cars have front AND rear fogs some only rear the switches work regardless !

If your car has no auto lights you need 1 with no auto lights as i say match the FUNCTIONS.
Old 27-03-19, 09:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
It will work some cars have front AND rear fogs some only rear the switches work regardless !

If your car has no auto lights you need 1 with no auto lights as i say match the FUNCTIONS.
I was excited after your first sentence about the fogs. But regarding auto lights, the end of my stalk pushes slightly in but it doesn't have 'AUTO' printed on it and I'm not aware of having auto lights. So presumably it won't work. And all the stalks on ebay have auto written on them.

My only other option is a whole unit and this is the only one I can find that the compatibility check says will fit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-PEUG...ce482#viTabs_0

But the seller has written "IF PARTS COMPATIBILITY IS LISTED THEN IT IS ONLY TO BE USED AS A GUIDE - PLEASE MATCH PART NUMBER", so I still don't know.
Old 27-03-19, 09:52 PM   #7

Do yourself a favour IGNORE the ebay compatibility guide it is compiled by the idiots at ebay towers they DO NOT have any knowledge of cars i sell on ebay and i deliberately do NOT include the compatibility rubbish on my listings.
You are best just to fit the whole unit as you can get a good used 1 for the same price as just a stalk !

Here is 1 of my listings

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163619640389

Last edited by reliable406; 27-03-19 at 10:04 PM.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-03-19, 10:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Do yourself a favour IGNORE the ebay compatibility guide it is compiled by the idiots at ebay towers they DO NOT have any knowledge of cars i sell on ebay and i deliberately do NOT include the compatibility rubbish on my listings.
You are best just to fit the whole unit as you can get a good used 1 for the same price as just a stalk !

Here is 1 of my listings

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163619640389

Excellent! I was about to link you to two I'd seen that look identical to mine, at 25 and 33, and where they'd said they weren't compatible with my model. I was going to ignore that compatibility like you said, but then I saw you just added your own ebay listing. I shall buy one from you right now good sir! I'd rather buy from an expert that posts on these forums than someone I don't know.

Just one question. 'NOT ESP MODELS '. I have no idea. I'm guessing mine's not?
Old 27-03-19, 10:28 PM   #9

Yours wont have ESP
Old 27-03-19, 10:37 PM   #10

Bought! Send me the best one of those four you have please!

Ah well, obviously the wheel will have to come off. But my garage is only 60 an hour including vat so hopefully they'll do it within an hour. Actually, some of my radio stalk plastic had broken off so it'll be nice to have a complete one again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in