Routing cable through firewall on 307 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patspiercing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-18, 06:44 PM   #1

Default Routing cable through firewall on 307

Could someone please guide me where I could route a cable w.10mm plug through the firewall on a 307?
Are there any allready made access points or do I have to drill a hole in the firewall?

Going to install a coupe fan on the passenger side as a part of a DEFA heating system.

Thanks for your help!

Ivar.
ivart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-18, 08:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivart View Post
Could someone please guide me where I could route a cable w.10mm plug through the firewall on a 307?
Are there any allready made access points or do I have to drill a hole in the firewall?

Going to install a coupe fan on the passenger side as a part of a DEFA heating system.

Thanks for your help!

Ivar.
Could this work, access and size wise?

Is your car LHD or RHD? Ran a DEFA wire in a very similar way in a '01 VW Polo, then under the carpet / under/behind the dash, over to the passenger side, but it would've been cleaner to have a hole on the destination side to begin with...

Last edited by mtempsch; 05-01-18 at 08:46 PM.
mtempsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-18, 01:06 PM   #3

I needed a hole through my bulkhead to run a wire for my cruise control.
I removed the plastic cover below the windscreen under the bonnet. In there I found a small rubber bung which I pushed into the hole. I then pushed a screwdriver gently through the insulation material. Then I pushed a large cable tie through the hole and located it behind the fuse box. I then fixed the wire to the cable tie and pulled it back through the hole. I used a cable tie because I did not want to short out any of the electrics. I was very reluctant to drill a hole through the bulkhead as there are a lot of electrics behind the dash and I did not want to damage any of them.

I suspect that the hole i used will not be large enough for you but you could CAREFULLY enlarge it from the engine compartment side.

Hope this helps
terry57 likes this.
patspiercing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-18, 09:33 PM   #4

Was thinking of something similar today as I sat waiting for the car to warm up and defog the interior of the windscreen
-8 according to the French computer started straight up
Do people still retro fit those MG Rover parking heaters ?
think 807's had them too ?
If there was space I would have one in the 307
I used to have an old engine heater off a fire pump oh it was toasty warm on a morning in my old transit van ... just had to remember to disconnect it before getting off the drive

they say it was good for the engine and the emissions ?
All I know it was nice .... in the winter months
Clansman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in