Reversing light still not working plse helpppppppppppppp - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-01-12, 10:49 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Reversing light still not working plse helpppppppppppppp

Hi i have a peugeot 307cc 54 plate, the reversing light isnt working, hubby has changed reversing switch as person at peugeot told us that the old was was faulty, so changed switch tested all fuses but still not light when car is put into reverse, not sure what to do next any help hughly appreciated. the light worked when we connected it directly to the battery and cut out the switch.

Last edited by angel1956; 30-01-12 at 10:51 PM. Reason: added extra info
angel1956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-12, 09:27 AM   #2
Inactive User

is it possible to run another cable from the switch to the bulb (under the carpet perhaps) and bypass the harness?
ben_reza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-12, 09:54 AM   #3

I'm having a similar issue, but with my fog light on the other side. Everything checks out, so I've got to trace the entire wiring path.

Old 11-02-12, 08:57 PM   #4
Inactive User

Up date, had to take car into peugeot for small fault, mentioned that reverse light not working, it turned out to be the connector block on the wires, they closed the pins in it a bit and hey hoo it all working now, hope this helps.
angel1956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-12, 10:30 AM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1956 View Post
Hi i have a peugeot 307cc 54 plate, the reversing light isnt working, hubby has changed reversing switch as person at peugeot told us that the old was was faulty, so changed switch tested all fuses but still not light when car is put into reverse, not sure what to do next any help hughly appreciated. the light worked when we connected it directly to the battery and cut out the switch.
I'm going to have to try that trick!
As I have replaced the reverse proximity switch to no avail
We were told by the dealer on the last service that it could mean replacing the BCM.....at this stage, I think not!
If the pins trick doesn't work, I will install a seperate micro switch and wiring to the reverse light

Cheers,
Peppipug

'03 307 XSE 2.0litre EW10J4 AL4
Peppipug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-12, 10:40 AM   #6
davidireland

If they diagnosed the reverse light switch they probably removed the connector to it.
try this, remove the connector and use a bit of wire and join the two pins of the connector, then turn the ignition on. Does the reverse light work?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-02-12, 10:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
If they diagnosed the reverse light switch they probably removed the connector to it.
try this, remove the connector and use a bit of wire and join the two pins of the connector, then turn the ignition on. Does the reverse light work?
Thanks for that info David....as yet i haven't had the oportunity to do this as my wife's car is always at work....hopefully, I will be able to attempt it at the weekend.

Cheers,
Peppipug

'03 307 XSE 2.0litre EW10J4 AL4
Peppipug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in