Reversing Light Problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-14, 02:14 PM   #1

Default Reversing Light Problem

Hi all,
I have got fed up with the poor reversing light on my 307 Hatch 2003, so I fitted a 21 led lamp (2X PEUGEOT 306 307 21 LED SMD REVERSE LIGHT CANBUS BULBS WHITE -LED33W | eBay) in yesterday. How amazed I was at how bright it was when I came to use it last night, I could see behind me.

BUT, this morning while I was scraping the ice of with the engine running and noticed that the reversing light was on, not full but dim, I tried it with the engine off, it was off. I tried it with just the ignition on, it was on dim again.

Does anyone know a reason for this, or do I need to get another make of LED.

Attached are the pics Old bulb, Led bulb and the Dim bulb.
Attached Thumbnails
imag1500.jpg   imag1501.jpg   imag1507.jpg  
mickiete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-01-14, 03:45 PM   #2
Stubbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiete View Post
Hi all,
I have got fed up with the poor reversing light on my 307 Hatch 2003, so I fitted a 21 led lamp (2X PEUGEOT 306 307 21 LED SMD REVERSE LIGHT CANBUS BULBS WHITE -LED33W | eBay) in yesterday. How amazed I was at how bright it was when I came to use it last night, I could see behind me.

BUT, this morning while I was scraping the ice of with the engine running and noticed that the reversing light was on, not full but dim, I tried it with the engine off, it was off. I tried it with just the ignition on, it was on dim again.

Does anyone know a reason for this, or do I need to get another make of LED.

Attached are the pics Old bulb, Led bulb and the Dim bulb.
Same issue I had I'm afraid, I had to go back to standards because of that

Let me know if you find a make of LED that doesn't suffer, would love to have LED back in again!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-01-14, 05:26 PM   #3

UPDATE:

I have changed the led back to a normal bulb, and I did notice that the led bulb was NOT DIM, it was that only 6 led's out of the 21 where lit.
mickiete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in