Remap or not?. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-13, 04:39 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Remap or not?.

Hi all I have a 2L hdi 90bhp I was thinking about remapping it but if I did what kind of bhp would I get?. And is this a good idea with a car that's done 140,000 miles? Thanks
willhenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-13, 09:05 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi, I have the 1.6 90bhp that I had mapped, huge difference in performance. P Torque in Wolverhampton did it for me. From 90bhp to 120bhp (about)

Regards

Veggie
Vegnomeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-13, 09:14 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegnomeat View Post
Hi, I have the 1.6 90bhp that I had mapped, huge difference in performance. P Torque in Wolverhampton did it for me. From 90bhp to 120bhp (about)

Regards

Veggie
Hay veggie how much did it cost you? I dint know if I should do it with the high mileage it had

Old 09-01-13, 09:42 PM   #4
Inactive User

It was around 295 pounds including the rolling road,

Only you can decide if 150000 miles is too much, mine had 45,000 miles and full Peugeot service history,

Regards

Veggie
Vegnomeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-13, 10:04 PM   #5
Inactive User

Remap yes, but not from a company...hell no.

Get yourself on some 306 forums, there's 2 reputable remappers on there who do wonders with the car for 75 a pop.
I believe between them, they would have remapped at least half of the 306's on the road in the UK.

If you have the standard 2.0 HDi90, then you have a nice little performance boost which is called a "Stage 1", which is basically altered fuelling times and slightly increased fuelling, giving you (on average) 120BHP.

On my old 306, I had it "Stage 1" remapped at 160k and its still pulling strong to this day on 180k. As long as you've looked after the engine, and will continue to look after it, theres a very low chance of it dying. I, however, cannot comment on the reliability of the 307 DMF, heard some horror stories when I was 307 hunting.

The remappers in question are:
Mr whippy - GoWhippy
or
Pro steve (just type him into google and click on any pug306.net or 306oc.co.uk link).

One you have the power bug, you can then move onto the "stage 2", which will require you to manually tune the turbo (unless on the 307's is ECU controlled) and add an intercooler. With this remap, your looking at about 150BHP+ and 250ftlb torque.
The standard HDi clutches are naff though, so you can either opt for a "low fat" map, which reduces the torque output to let the clutch cope, or upgrade the clutch. The 306 boys swap a GTi'6 flywheel and Dturbo clutch into their HDi's and works wonders for peanuts. Others go for a sports clutch, which can cost upwards of 300 and they're not exactly the best.

Just stick with the Stage 1 for now and please AVOID any generic remappers, not only will you be putting your ECU into safe hands, these people are professionals with the HDi ECU and know it inside and out.....plus the savings are awesome.
Rik1254 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-13, 07:01 AM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks rik
I was going to ask these guys as there down the road from me and was told there good but I don't know the price yet!
You know your stuff when it comes to pugs and there was some good info in there.
I don't want to thrash it around just want more power to over take when I need to, but I will give the map a good test at first
Old 10-01-13, 07:41 AM   #7

It all depends on how much longer you're going to keep the car and what obstacles might crop up in the future which cause a forced sale or scrappage.
Old 10-01-13, 09:26 AM   #8
Stubbo

Also depends on what system you have, bosch system = easy remap, siemens system = not many are willing to tackle this!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-13, 10:19 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbo View Post
Also depends on what system you have, bosch system = easy remap, siemens system = not many are willing to tackle this!
Why is the 307 so dam hard to do anything with?
If you want disc and pads there is 3 different sizes and 2 different callipers makes then this Bosch or Siemens!,.... I love the car but its a hassle to do any thing
Old 10-01-13, 01:26 PM   #10

its a PUG!! nuff said! but no seriously it seem the 307 are a pain in the backside for anything! never knew so much hassle with my 205gti or my 306xsi!

ive been thinking about this for a while now, mine's only got 82k and a bit... but i want to fit an intercooler before remap... thanks for the info on the mappers Rik1254 i think hes also on 205owners forums too, im sure i got some advice from him a while back!
cisco307HDI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in